Help with first SCROG

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by MedicatedWarrior235, Feb 15, 2019.

1. I’ve never done this before. I’m far from the point I actually put the screen up. I’m just wondering what the technique is up to that point. Basically just have as many tops as possible so that you can spread them out under the screen when it comes time??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. If you look up @trojangrower
    he wrote a nice and easy to follow scrog thread.

I would maybe top twice if you scrog. Of course if you have the room feel free to train it however you like!

3. I’ll look for that.

So like 4 tops going in opposite directions?

4. Moreorless.

From my understanding the very tops, you lst/tuck in scrog to grow sideways, then once the lower growth tips reach the height of those top ones, you lst/tuck them as well so you have an even height canopy.

Flat top instead of a peak if that makes sense.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hmm I think I get you. Mains are gonna be horizontal but the auxiliaries will grow vertical. You wanna tuck the auxiliaries perpendicular to the mains right?

6. [​IMG]
    Sorry about the picture, it is an old one and i am im bed right now. the blue are my two mains (i topped weeks earlier)

now pretend the mains are at 5th node.
    After a few weeks the red (near 3rd node) began to reach the same height as my top, therefore i tie those down slightly so they remain the same height as my top.

I’m not scrogging, but its a similar concept, You’ll gently tuck them in squares that are further and further away to build an even canopy.

And the yellow i think was a really low grow spot that is popping up and so far its good to go.

7. Check out the scrog thread it is really helpful! Otherwise i can provide a better picture tomorrow :)

My phone has trouble sending links

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scrog or trellis net?

9. #10 ZEROBS, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    C0D45099-6937-410B-BCA6-409A2FA75416.png Can someone explain the difference? I’ve watched some videos on scrog. They basically vegged and ray flip played the scrog device above the plants and let them grow into it and come thru the lil holes. So scrog it basically supports the flowering plant?!? With trellis, what exactly is the net for? Lst and Weaving the plants thru it during veg? I always thought that was basically scrog. U put a net over plants and run them along it to bring side colas up

Edit. I think I’m going to do single pot scrog/trellis instead of a fixed net. Get something like these and use thin wire and make 2-3” squares on top and sides. That way I can move then if need be

10. Heya ZEROB
    how you doing bro?
    I seen you left something on the scrog thread, but all it says for me is something about Reddit, and reddit is banned on this terminal (along with facebook). Anyhow,
    a trellis is used in during a scrog. Some people use a net prematurely, or as LST training, whereas the straight scrog method I posted uses a lil LST, but uses the trellis during transition.
    Ultimately, its to fill up the grow area as much as you can, and importantly (!) to expose all those buds to the light above the canopy so to max out the drug production.
    Is there a reason to use a trellis during veg? I suppose you could train it, but... why bother unless you like to play with the plants or something. I don't think using a trellis prematurely is as efficient as the method I posted.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. I like to lst and do different things to see what happens! I tried to only do 1 of the same two seeds to compare and ended doing them both differently lol. But I don’t have issues making them spread out. I get why it could be a waste in early veg... unless u have limited height and trained them super short and wide. Once I get my qb to veg I bet my growth in veg flys by 10x faster then using the 13w cfls I do and I won’t feel the need to do so much playing with them. I definitely want to do something of the sort tho. It is ZERO fun trying to tie branches up Individually. I’m digging the individual round plant supporters tho.

12. I didn’t not know that about reddit or Facebook. When I post them I can click and watch. Even now I could go back and see them! A few ppl have also been able to. Most not. I’m on iPhone on safari. Not an app

13. oh the FB and reddit thing is just me lol. maybe not just me, but... I don't use FB ever, yet saw how much they connected to my terminal... for no reason but to spy. So I perma blocked them!

I still LST some, but really, after I lay the net, for the next couple days, its really busy in there adjusting all the tops. For me, the biggest experiment (for a new strain) is when to add the trellis; I sometimes wait like 1 week or so after transition to control the stretch... its all fun :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Oh I agree about those sites. 100%. All that is government affiliated some way or another imo! Scary shit! Tbh I haven’t USED Facebook in better part of a year. Here and there use messager

15. I might have an issue lol. I accidentally already topped some of them more than 2 times. I’m just going to post this photo. What would you say the best option would be? My plan is to veg them out here and then flower one or two at a time in a large bed indoors. I’m just not sure what the best way to train them would be now. Some branches are really long, others are short. Everything’s technically pretty level as it is, but what should I do with them from here. (The two pots off to the side are a totally different story... it’s pruned ALL weird by accident)

[​IMG]

Like I said, I have a long way to go before flowering but I want to start training them now if necessary.

Also, disregard the clearly makeshift veg area lol. It’s temporary. I just want to know about training for now.

(And if you’re wondering why they’re a little discolored, they’re still in the process of recovering from mites and a resulting deficiency.)

16. The topping is fine. I'm more worried about the deficiencies.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I’d also add wait to top and prune until u get whatever root zone issue/issues u got going on fixed

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Are you feeding them any nutes yet?

19. Yes. They’re very close to recovery. They’re actually growing vigorously now believe it or not. I have a few grows under my belt. I’ve got this, like I said. Mites are eradicated and they’re back on nutrients.

Really just need to know about training.

As for nutes, since I know someone will ask, I do KNF / ferment fed / no till / organic. All my inputs are self made. Really a beautiful system.

• Like Like x 2