Help with final decision

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by gjohnson, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Ok so this Christmas I am gifting my self with a new tube/set up. I've got about a 600-625 total budget including shipping costs.

I want the best possible tube for flowers that will deliver the smoothest hit possible while retaining flavor. Drag isn't to big of an issue to me I don't mind it on the initial pull as long as its minimal drags one it gets going.

That being said I've narrowed down my choices to these but I'm open to suggestions.

Mobius Stereo Matrix
    Apix Gridded StemLine to Disk or Double Disk
    SG KingStem
    DG Fritted Disk(does it really kill flavor as bad as I've heard)

Also open to suggestions on accessories (ash catchers carbon filters ect.) for these as long as I can stay at or under my budget

2. Apix or Mobius

3. Lol, drop some money on a worked apix design tube and keep the rest.

4. Ok any idea how often he puts up worked pieces because I haven't seen any available for a few weeks. And anyone have input on the DG or accessories that might be worth while

5. Go High Priority glass

but ya go DG. i have the Micro Can for my concentrates and its the best piece in my collection :smoke:

6. Mobius

Mobius

Mobius

Final answer....fine yes we've all heard about how cheap and awesome Apix is....but it's not shit compared to Mobius

7. i got a dg, i love it for flowers, worst piece for dabbing though. ive been using my medicali though alot more. there isnt much flavor with the dg just an amazingly smooth hit and beautiful bubbles. also check out the kush scientific puckline stacks just like a dg

8. I recently got the stereo matrix. I drove all the way to Santa Cruz to get it because it was the closest place that sold mobius. I have no regrets, no drag whatsoever once it starts. It feels like it actually is assisting you, to clear it.

Definitely harsher than my 18in tube, with a AC on it, but damn it gets me blazed. I definitely feel like it goes deeper into my lungs, making me reach new highs.

I got it for 420, with nail, globe, bowl, and adapter.

9. The only thing about the mobius is none of my lhs sells them so I have to go off of a l t or kulture for $480 + 25 shipping fee

10. I was thing about Dans new StemLine to circ disk

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrgTdRj6S-0[/ame]

11. $50 for a good bong and $600 of mj

12. Buy an sg or the phx double honeycomb and get yourself some weed with the extra money

13. the DG fritted disc and the mobius stereo matrix are both good choices, i have one of each.

the DG fritted kills a noticeable amount of the flavor, stuff isnt tasteless, but its a big difference from hitting a dry piece. however the issue with the fritted disc is all the drag, its not initial drag, its there the whole hit and its very noticeable. the trade off for the drag, is the smoothest hit of anything on the market i have seen and hit.
    if all the drag bothers you, dont buy a DG fritted disc piece. if you do get one, buy one with the 26mm male joint and the converter to 18.8mm, fritted pre-filters fit inside there to eliminate any need for an ash catcher.
    i like my DG tube for oil too, id rather have a smoother hit then taste alot of flavor.

the mobius stereo matrix has a little bit of initial drag thats gone once you pull the water through the perc. its almost as smooth as the DG fritted, but not quite. is sucks crap into the water constantly, so an ash catcher might be a good idea, i dont use one on mine, but i have to change the water multiple times a day. the mobius has good flavor, and overall is a very good piece. i never used my mobius for oil, i only smoke flowers out of it.

as for SG, the reason i dont own one is because i want a downgrid but 95% of their tubes are upgrids. i check the LSG that carrys SG like once a month and check online, but i still have yet to find the SG downgrid tube im looking for. they are very nice tubes though, but the only one i would put on the same level as the DG or the mobius is the peyote pillar and those are over a grand.

i dont have an apix yet but his stuff looks good for an up and coming artist, and you get alot for your money with his stuff. if i were to win some money tomorrow and want to buy a new tube, i would get something from apix, but i already have a mobius and a DG so keep that in mind.

14. I just looked at SG on A L T and they have 2 or 3 down grids back up for sale is there any reason why you prefer down to up?

15. That doesn't exist.....