Help with filling Closed Column Pressure Extractor using Butane Cylinder and the Vacuum pressure.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by blakeatron666, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Hey everyone,

I have a Closed Column Pressure Extractor and I need some help getting it set up. I have a vacuum pump and the stainless steel column from this web site page.

I want to use a butane cylinder like this instead of using cans. The reason for this is to reduce the amount of garbage and to have a larger amount of butane. My questions are how much butane do I use in the column and how do I measure it? Do I need a gauge to tell if enough butane is in the column? also would I need a gauge to tell the pressure from vacuuming the column before filling it with butane?

If anyone has the same set up as below or has any tips on setting up the column let me know. Haven't been able to find any info on this.

Thank you all in advance!
    270dwx__70455.1444238151.1280.1280.jpg index.jpeg

2. Bump. I have decided to just use some cans for now. Anyone have some tips on using this process? I'm planning on using over 200g and cooking the oil in a double boiler until it reaches a consistency that is workable and then putting it into the vacuum cooker. What temperature should I keep the double boiler at and what temp should the vacuum cooker be at?