help with ferts

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ddub2111, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Ive been growing outdoors since June (late I know). I have 4 ladies about 3ft tall and they have been in great health up until a day ago. They have just turned to the folowering about 4 days ago and now i am seeing that some of the bottom leaves are startign to turn yellow. up until now they have been as bright green as much as I could ask for, but now the yellowing is worrying me. Sould i be giving them somthing to help them out right now. I ahve been ginving them nothing but water from the river up until now (about every three days or so if it does not rain). Dont want to hurt them thats why i have stayed away from ferts. Some advise from an experienced grower would be great. thanks

2. Have they have enough magnesium?? Lack of that causes yellowing. Give a teaspoon of epsom salts (MgSO4) in a gallon of water.

3. So no nutes in two to three months time and lower leaves turn yellow?
    It's more likely to have run out of nitrogen instead of magnesium.
    Just add some nutes with your next watering.
    Just about anything with a N-P-K ratio goes as long as you do not over do it (read the package)
    4 days of flowering is too damned early for the plant to draw nitro from the lower leaves to help create the buds (it will do this at a later stage)