Help with fans.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by GrowerP40, Apr 9, 2013.

1. My grow box is going to be 46"h x 21"w x 23"l, do you guys think a 8 inch out take fan and carbon filter will be enuf, 6 inch intake. Or should I have two of each?

2. What kind of fans? What kind of light? A/C hood, cooltube, open reflector?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using GC Forum

3. Computer fans, 8, 23w clfs and that's it.

4. Not bad, sounds like a good plan. You could always upgrade to a 150-250w hps down the road, if you wanted to go that route.

5. Yes, it's only for one plant, I plan to have it be a scrog method.

6. #6 GoldGrower, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
    I have a very similar sized box and I use a dimmable 250w hps currently switched on the 170w setting and I use a 4" systemair fan with a carbon filter and 2x 80mm pc fans for intake, and my temps max out at 27'c

ill dig out a photo

[​IMG]

7. This looks really nice, but mine will be fiffrent as it is the scrog method.

8. I will be ScrOGing in there once the ak47s are finished. I'll have 4 white widows in a flood and drain table with a screen a few inches above

9. I have a box of 11" x 11" x 20" with 4x 25w cfls and it has a 120mm pc fan exhaust and another for the intake and the temperature is only 2'c over the room temperature. there is no filter on it though

10. So for mine I think I'll go with a 6 inch exhaust fan with a carbon filter, and 3, 2 inch air holes.

11. Dude your over killing it. I used to run a scrog in a cabinet that was 22x23x50. With a 600watt hps in a cool tube. Exhausted with one 4" in line 200cfm through a 20" carbon filter, with 2 passive 4" intakes. It had negative pressure and I could pull a quarter to half pound dry consistently. Thanks to the 600 watts. Anyway that's my $.2 good luck, scrog kicks ass

12. if I were you I would buy a proper fan if your going to use it with a carbon filter, pc fans don't do great when they have load. for the same reason your far better off having an intake aswell.

if you install a proper fan you will have far more option if you want to upgrade your light system at a later date

but if you insist on using pc fans I suggest using two on the carbon filter and one for the intake