Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with edibles first-timer

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Rahmer, Jun 25, 2010.

1. #1 Rahmer, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
    So today i decided i want to try some edibles. Shortly after that i read an article about how all these people are getting so stoned it's scary (been there before). So I want to make sure I do things right.. All I have is some pretty dank weed. I'd say it takes about .3 out of a bowl to get me pretty baked for an hour or so. how much weed do you think i should put on a firecracker? Thanks!

Update: I used about .5 of a gram with one firecracker. It was pretty much the shittiest thing i've ever tasted but oh well. It's been about 45min and i'm beggining to feel a decent body buzz.. but nothing special. I followed the tutorial as best i could so hopefully it turns out.

2. I would have done .6-.7

which tutorial did you use? Also, how long did ya bake them, and in what peanut butter mix?

3. All I ended up with was a pretty nice body high. I used the stickied tutorial on firecrackers. I used plain creamy Jiff and cooked at 350 for 25min. Next time i'll have to use a little more ganja.

4. Rahmer,

I like to vape about 30-45 minutes after eating my edibles I get a high nice and then the edible sustains the high for hours. I have had the edible OD feeling before and I know others. Try eating + smoking before you up the ingredients. After that try pumping ingredients. After that try upped ingredients + smoke. You will find your sweet spot.

5. Next time you make your firecrackers, make them next time with an organic or natural PB. Ones with hydrogenated oils, like your standard Skippy or Jiff sometimes sometimes won't work. Im sure most people make them with brands like that, but natural PB actually has real PB oil in it. I made them one time with regular skippy and it didn't come out that great, the next time i used almond butter that has no hydrogenated oils and they worked awesome.

Idk, just my two cents :wave:

6. Thanks guys. I'll have to try a few different things to figure out what works best for me i guess.