help with dying plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BYOweed, Jun 5, 2012.

1. I have a 6 week old white widow plant. It was grown under 200 watts of cfls until week 3 when I put in a 400 watt hps. The grow tent got too hot and I had to take it out until I can get a cool tube. After 3 weeks of being too hot at around 80-90 degrees and a small nute burn at week 4 here is the plants current status/picture:

View attachment 895486

At week 3 she looked like this

View attachment 895487

I have have been only feeding her water since the first nute burn.

I have them in 2 gallon pots in foxfarm ocean forest soil.

She's under 200 watts.

72 degrees/ 45% humidity in the grow tent.

Please help keep this plant alive to harvest no matter how small the yield! Help is much apreciated and all questions will be answered promptly

2. Wow, that plant is tiny for 6 weeks. Id honestly start over as a healthy plant will surpass that one in 3 weeks and will yield way more.

3. Did you flush after the nute burn? If so, there is not much else you can do but wait and see if it recovers.

4. yeah I know its small and many leave sets have died. If I should start over when should I change the lighting from cfls to my 400 watt hps light?

5. Sure....i had mine under HID after a week. Just start the lights at 40-48" and gradually lower them to get them used to the big lights. You can also use a humidity dome for the first few days under the big light to prevent them from drying out.

6. bump.

so I have made some minor adjustments to my ventilation and lighting setup by adding two more 40 watt cfls and adding another 4 inch inline duct fan. The temp was 74 degrees and new growth is looking much healthier and growing again and the older leave sets are perking back up. any advice or tips to continue to treat this plant?

7. Well if the new growth is healthy, then you've done something to correct the problem. You just gotta let it do it's thing now.

8. cool. thanks fluffykush and shovablaster

9. Here are some new pictures

The first is a side view. Grew an inch in a day and little. Also a good picture of the nute burn a while ago.

View attachment 897481

Here a top view of healthy new growth.

View attachment 897482

any feed back blades?

10. well flush the 'soil' of course and talk sweet to her...should recover within a month...she's just stunted.:wave:

11. Flushed and ready to grow

12. Did the same thing first time with heat. Once it recovers itll take off!

13. Good to know man!\t

Get a decent harvest?

14. 4 out of 6 survivors were males? go figure?

15. #15 BYOweed, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012