Help with droopy plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pugbacon, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Hello GCers

I'm on week 4 day 22 of my grow. Til last night things seem to be normal. This morning I woke up to some funky looking leaves.

Current temp are between 72F lights off to 84F lights on with 2 fans blowing. I've given nutes 2 times. Once on week 2 at 1/4 strength and again on day 20 same nute strength. Alaska Fish fertilizer 5-1-1 and tap water sat our for at least 48hrs. Soil is a mix of FFOF and Ecoscraps brand with added Perlite.

I was thinking either the led is to close (currently at 26 inches above) and CFL (about 4 inches above plants) or i need some different nutes like calmag?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Any suggestions are welcome. Should I just let them rest and quit freaking out?

2. Over watering

How often are you watering?
    Are there holes in those pots?

• Like Like x 2
  3. I water once every 4 to 5 days (usually when medium is dry about 3 inches deep) and I water til I get 20% runoff. There are drain holes on bottom and sides 12 total per pot.

More pics

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. I think it's time to transplant them into bigger pots. I had the same problem with my 4 babies, and soon as I transplanted and give them a full dose of Alaska Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 and they were back to normal in 2 days under my 600 watt MH

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  5. What size pot and if you haven't gave it to much nitro right back to over watering then how much water DO you give btw this info want help if you don't tell pot size 1 gallon? 2galkon smaller than either those

• Like Like x 1
  6. This may not help with droopiness you do have calmag def... That and over water two quickest things to happen.... But calmag def. just starting the purple veins on tops of leaves once you give it that it goes away that's only thing I can see wrong other than need to know pot size exact watering amount the size most of the pot s you guys be using really small only need btw 8oz - 16 oz water but I just guess ING by the size that cfl

• Like Like x 1
  7. And your NOT suppose to just transplant unless your plant has outgrown the pot and it's becoming serious problem... When you repoted recently bro did it have tons roots going in circles on bottom when you lifted it out in doubt after month or month half rule thumb after seeding cups go directly to your size pot your gonna use transplanting only causes plant to go root bound and one gallon container is sufficient for the small grow yallh are doing....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ya mine was completely root bound in 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have a feeling that they may be outgrowing the 1g. pot. I may transplant them this saturday to their final resting spot (5g. Smart fabric pots). How often do u nute them at full strength?

10. Right now they are in 1g pots. I was able to get away with a full week between watering due to their transplant from solo cups to 1g pots since I saturated the soil during that transplant. I watered last night right before lights kicked on with just water. When I checked on them this am, they appeared to be in much better shape than yesterday. I also raised my cfls from 2 inches up to 6 inches and this may have helped as well.

11. Thanks for the observation and tip. I just watered last night with just water. Next water will include calmag for sure if the purple is still present by the next watering. I water til I get about 20% runoff

12. How can I check if the roots have reached the pots limitations, currently in 1 gallon pots? I water about half gallon to a full gallon depending on the amount of runoff (i tend to stop watering at 20% runoff) once the pots feel light to hold (once a week until yesterday which was within 3 days of last watering). I was planning on transplanting to their final pot this weekend (5gal smart fabric pots) , should I wait since they have been in their gallon pots for just two weeks?

13. Just an update. Plants look a bit healthier than yesterday. I did fully water the plants with just water, no nutes, til I got 20% runoff. I also raised the CFLS to 5-6 inches instead of 1-2 inches. Also turned off the LED since I think it may be causing some hot spots on these young plants. Lighting is providing about 30K lumins at 5-6 inches away from the plants with just the cfls. When I turn on the led, Lumins skyrocket to about 56K across all plants.

Just to show what it looks like with LED.
    [​IMG]

Without LED on or CFL reflector
    [​IMG]

This was yesterday before watering... sad and droopy babies
    [​IMG]

14. Personally that small of grow your one gallon pots will be effective if trying to grow small low space.... If you have any height restrictions then your going Smaller....ppl on here will swear you should repot but look at rep.... You want get enough comeback to make it worth it.... In long run your gonna waste valuable time that you could just spend on things that matter . . Going up a gallon not gonna make you see this major differences.... it takes numbers before it starts adding up

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. And before you water you should stick your finger about 1in half in any moist don't water second you shouldn't be giving that over 8oz of water do it slowly so it don't just run straight thru it absorbs into soil

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'm not space restricted yet. I plan on re-potting them into 5 gallon smart pots. Being new to this, I assume that larger pot = larger plants and potentially larger yields which in turn means more money for my buck (personal use, if I'm going to invest time, money and energy I want more for my efforts). Correct me if I'm wrong or if in your experience transplanting to larger pots at this point would be counterproductive to my goal. Any seasoned feedback is appreciated.

17. Yup, got that one down. I definitely try water slowly to avoid causing any major shift in my soil. And I have gone into the soil a good few inches to check moisture including using a moisture ph soil meter. Once that soil meter hits between 0 and 3 out of 10, it's a good tell to water soon.

18. Correct but if I was half way into budding or anything of that matter is waste but if your not and you gonna have plenty more time no source restricted then yes repot....5gal way to big unless you 1000watters. Go with 2.5 gallon rectangles pots you can get more in there With those and with what your doing your pants will never out grow those pots before the bud and finish.... Turn CFLs off and go back to led if it's big enough fur all what watts is it.... The cfl just running up bill if you have led big enough.... Trust me if an hid doesn't get to much fur them your ksdmkkmkmkkk

19. Also if they started droopy after transplant just a lil shocks will conf right out of.... But if you say it's droopy then you watered and by next day back not droopy then you just needed to water the plant will wilt and look really droopy when it cake attention for water

20. Thanks for the suggestion. I may do the 2.5gal or 3 gal pots instead. Never heard of the rectangular ones though. So far I'm just in week 2 of veg so I still have time to make changes. The reason for the cfl is because I seem to get better results right now with them. The LED is a Viparspectra 300w rated 150w actual. LED puts out as many lumin as my cfl setup but only in a 2x2 area instead of a 4x3 area like my cfl. Maybe I don't understand LED tech that well.