Help with diagnosis?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by goguy, Aug 18, 2016.

1. #1 goguy, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    I've been researching about this problem. Plant started having black spots and yellow leaves like in picture. It's spreading fast. Plant is like 2 months old. In soil/perlite 80/20%. Been fed 23:10:10 ferts a while ago but not in like last month.

Seems like manganese problem or maybe P def, or something.
    Would be grateful for some tips. :) thx

2. what size pot ,and have you flushed and checked run off of PPM ?? to see if you have excessive salt build up,and what PPM are you feeding and PH ??

• Like Like x 1
  3. It looks to me, by the size of the stalk, that it could use a repot to a bit larger container and some fresh soil. That will likely sort out your problems. I think your soil could probably use some more perlite in it and I hope you're letting the plant really dry out before giving it pH'd water (soil 6.3 to 6.7). Extended watering out of correct range can lock up the roots of your plant, so you need to get the stuff to manage the pH of the water you give. Don't use filtered waters either. They have been stripped of everything and there are actually valuable micro-nutrients in tap water that the plants need. I'm thinking your soil mix is too dense and it's holding water around the roots and maybe you're not letting it get dry enough....but that's only a guess. Hope you figure it out. TWW

• Like Like x 1