Help with Decision!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by sektr, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Hey all!

I've currently got a 14 inch, 9mm straight tube Hoss bong (http://www.jupitergrass.ca/shop/media/HOSS/YH602B1.jpg) in green. I absolutely love it, definitely worth every penny (talked my LHS into selling it significantly cheaper than they were asking :hello:), but I want to improve it as I feel it doesn't handle big rips well and I want a bit more diffusion.

This has led me to deciding to purchase a basic pill bottle ashcatcher with a showerhead downstem. Now being OCD, because of the green embellishments on my bong I've decided to get the matching green Hoss AC, which has a green showerhead downstem in it to match my already green downstem.

However, I can't find it ANYWHERE in 14mm, which is my downstems female joint size, not even online, but my LHS has the exact one I want in 18mm. Now I've been trying to find it in 14mm for over a month so at this point I've given up on that and resigned myself to using an adapter.

Now, if you were in my position, which of the following would you do? This is strictly an aesthetics/money question.

1. Buy AC, adapter and 18mm slide (only have 14mm right now the AC uses 18) from LHS to support local business and get what I want faster. This will end up costing me around $30 more than option 2, not a huge deal as it does help support a local business.

2. Buy AC, 18mm to 18mm green Hoss downstem (removing need for adapter), and 18mm slide online. This saves me $30 and I feel as though aesthetically it will look better, but it does not support local business and will take a couple weeks to get here.

What would you guys do?

2. If I were you I'd go to your lhs and buy a standard clear 18-18 down stem and a green bowl piece, so you don't have to wait for shipping and such. My .02

3. I'm not gonna lie, that would probably look better than throwing a clear 14 to 18 adapter on a green 14mm downstem. The adapters by themselves just look so damn bulky vs. an 18-18 downstem.

I feel like a clear downstem in the tube itself along with a green one in the AC would look off though, so I might just go with the second option and save myself a few bucks and just try to be patient.