Help With Cooling Options

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DClayton, Sep 17, 2014.

1. I have a 4x4 tent with a 400w lights for veg, and a 5x5 tent with 1000 watt light in a spare bedroom, I know as soon as im running both at the same time the temp of the room is going to get too hot causing the tents to heat up (I have 4" fans in each tent for air exchange).

I would use an AC but the only problem is my room is already consuming 16 amps on a 20 amp breaker. Would it be safe to add an air condition in that room? or should I look at alternative options?

2. might need more than a 4inch for that 1000w if you can make intakes would be great!

what do you mean by intakes? I have passive intake vents at the bottom.

I have used the 4 inch fan before on the 5x5 with a 1000 watt light and it worked, the only difference was that the tent was in a large basement, and there was no carbon filter attached to the fan.

Now the room is a lot smaller, with another 400w lights running into it. Im not really concerned about ventilating the tent. Im more concerned about cooling this room with all the heat being pumped into it. Ill try to run an AC but with both tents running im consuming a constant 80% amps on this rooms breaker, I think an AC will cause it pop, or even worse a fire...

4. i would work out a way to exhaust that hot air. you need to move the hot air out of your grow area and get new air into it.
    idk about the electrics tbh sorry man.

5. I have a very similar setup (kinda). Running a 1000w air cooled that pushes 400w into the outside room running 12/12, in the same outside room. In a second inside room is 525w with an air cooled that pushes 200w into the outside room running 24/7. Both smaller rooms have a passive intake. (Where fresh air comes into the tent with our the aid of a fan) during the winter months the room keeps it's self warm. During the summer months all rooms need cooling so I cut an exhaust hole in my wall strait to out side and connected an ac which cooling the outside room worked for all three. But much like you power issues and the ac would trip the breaker all the time. To combat this I switched out the ac with an exhaust fan running 24/7 strait to the outside and added a passive intake to the outside room door. That took care of my issues. For power reasons I did have to cut down on the cfm to the two inner rooms and add a larger fan and filter setup to exhaust the main room.

Sent from the Lab

6. Though I've used 4" fans in a 4x4, it just isn't enough. No wiggle room. Go bigger.

7. Does your exhaust vent into the same room as the intake? If so maybe rig it up to vent into the wall up to the attic? Or maybe a window if possible.

8. I had similar issues..
    I added one of these to my setup...
    You can run an extension cable to another room..

[​IMG]