help with collage ideas!

Discussion in 'General' started by rollanotherone, May 15, 2009.

1. i'm just recently getting back into drawing.

awhile ago i did a "collage" drawing of all the different things i have experienced or felt strong vibes from while i was tripping.

i really want to do something like that again, but i have very few ideas that i didn't use in the first project. i need a LOT more material to turn this project into a reality.

it's going to be a mixed media project, i'm planning on first sketching it out on paper and then if i like how it turns out, buying a canvas for it and going all out. i'm hoping to have about 100 or so seperate drawings all colaborated into one.

what i'm looking for is anything you've seen, felt, experienced, etc. on drugs of any sort. it can literally be anything, no limits or restrictions. i'm really hoping for a lot of bizzare, random things outside of the norm.

if you reply, please post your suggestions, followed by what drug you were on that sparked the idea.

thanks in advance :)

2. I mean I already drew this idea: it was a cloud with lips blowing curly spirling wind and a sun that sent rays out and they clashed. Reg ol mj made it. Try something with aliens. Or a switched places picture. Like people looking at the sky but there are eyes in the sky and people have stars for eyes

3. i can definitely dig that idea. i'll have to do some free sketching and see what i can brainstorm up with that :)

4. i do the same type od collage art that you are describing. when i need inspiration i take one solid idea like say "a sun" and draw what a sun would look like on LSD and then expand on that base idea and my sketches always turn out nice

i always like drawing mirror images thats always pretty trippy

5. thanks :)

my problem is that i never am really in the mood to draw when i'm actually tripping, even coming down, i'll try and start because i have all these amazing ideas in my head, and then my mind's like "you can do this later, just go enjoy your trip," and i'll do just that. and then the ideas i did have never seem exactly how i had pictured them before. hard to explain, i guess.

6. i was sitting on the sink in my bathroom. i suddenly looked at the wooden door that was closed while i was in the bathroom. the symmetrical pattern in the wood turned into a lion. it was dead silent in that bathroom. until i opened the door, then the lion growled and i ran out with a big smile on my face. -SHRoOMS

7. Give inanimate objects human qualities or trippy stuff that wouldn't go together normally. Designs are also a huge part