Help with co2

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by nleafdank, Dec 10, 2008.

1. I need some help with my cabinet. first of i have a sealed cabinet with three small intake in the bottom and a 4' outtake fan attached to a scrubber....light is on a sealed vented line seperately. Now....I want co2, got everything and understand its not as efficent since the room cant be totally sealed and i will be venting the cabinet, but i need some info....
    temp is a slight issue where every hour i presume i need to vent the built up heat just a lil maybe for 10 minutes per hour, the temps with that should not exceed 82 at the canopy (11' from light) and shouldnt exceed 77 in the cabinet itself....ultimately im putting baffles on the intake to sel it until negative pressure lifts them but i need to know about the cycles...
    should i pump the co2 up to 1500 (room presumed 300) the quickest i can to optimize uptake? if i need to vent i also need to know how venting will affect the plants uptake, meaning if i pump 1500 in and vent half a hour later for ten minutes, will my plans have time to take it up? do i need to let it sit for a certain amount of time?

again guys i know its not the most efficient but it can be done, so if you have insiht please help! Dimensions 66"tall 50" wide 34" deep.

2. Do you have dampers on the exhaust and intakes? If no damper on the intake, you wont be able to really utilize co2 very well; co2 will rush out of the lowest point it can being it is heavy gas. Always feed co2 from above the plants and keep the air circulating inside the grow with a wall fan. If no damper is used the best thing you can do is a constant slow feed of co2 and just sync it with your exhaust to shut off when the fan kicks on.
    Or get dampers and run the co2 to 1500ppm and vent as needed. calculate how long and at what flow setting to have the co2 run to fill the grow to 1500ppm (approx) and just have it kick on after each exhaust cycle.
    If you need a link to the calculator for such projections, let me know.

3. #3 erockebomb, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008
    Hey Don. With my intake ducting bent down as shown in the pic below, do I need to worry about adding a damper? I am assuming that I should be fine but it never hurts to ask. I've only been enriching for a couple weeks so I am still getting evrything dialed in. Thanks!

Also since my exhaust fan(not pictured) is up high near the ceiling I assumethat no damper is necessary there either?

Attached Files:

4. to use the co2 to it's maximum potential for your given situation, you will need to damper both. But you can also slow feed like i had posted earlier.