help with closet growroom please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Phonetics, Jan 14, 2013.

1. hey guys and girls!
    Right, my plan is to grow in my bedroom cupboard. i share the house with the wife who also smokes and has no objections to growing.
    the only thing im struggling with is ventilation.
    i bought a fan but have no idea how to install and dont want to pull wires out and things like that, im terrible with diy stuff.
    so basically im asking if i just cut a hole at the top of the cupboard and one at the bottom and had an oscillation fan running 24/7 will that be enough ventilation?
    and i plan on growing 3 plants maximum.

if the above looks sloppy its because i typed it out on wii u gamepad!

2. Simply put... No fans inside of the enclosure are for circulation withen the enclosure not through it. If you dont put a proper exhaust fan on you can overheat very fast. I would suggest you look at a fan that has a higher CFM rating. you can find one for under 30 bucks new. Virtualsunhydroponics or amazon is a good start. It will simply look like a metal tube with a fan in it. Use that to extract the air and the air will draw itself in the bottem hole of the enclosure making temps go down. No wires will be exposed. This unit plugs in to s standard outlet. What lights are you using?

3. E27 ES Screw Cap 25W CFL Bulb Daylight White, 125W Equivalent - Non Dimmable: Amazon.co.uk: Lighting

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002ZY03XS/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

those are the lights im using. this is my first grow so i will probably open a grow journal and put up some pics.
    i thought the fan i bought just plugged in but apparently not!
    i guess thats the problem with buying online high.

if anyone can put up a link for an exhaust fan thar plugs in it would be much appreciated as id rather not drop £30 on the wrong thing again.
    im in uk.
    thanks for response man

4. ive spent the last hour looking for somewhere uk based that sells exhaust fans that plug in with no luck

5. What about smell? You can get a filter fan combo and use the exaust from the filter fan. The filter draws in air from inside your enclosure and then expells it through your exit. So you can save on electricity and not be running so many fans. 1 for filter 1 for circulation.

6. i was planning on using ona gel but if i can get a fan filter combo for cheap that would be far preferable.

still cant find a plug in exhaust fan, this is driving me crazy!

7. Try Ebay for the fan then