Help with cleaning my pipe

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Sir Ganja, Jun 27, 2011.

1. My pipe is getting quite the build up of resin in it, and I was wondering what the easiest way is to clean it pretty good. Thanks

2. #2 Madcap79, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
    Let it soak in alcohol overnight. Clean with pipe cleaners that you can get at Walmart, etc. Save the alcohol and let it dry on a glass plate and scrape up the goodies.

Oh and rinse thoroughly with clean water.

3. Is the official piece cleaning guide not stickied at the top? Soak it overnight in simple green. 9 bucks for a gallon at home depot. Then rinse.

4. Once you let it soak in alcohol for a bit add some salt and shake it up. Acts like an aggregate to clean the hard to reach places.

5. something my friend did that worked was just to run it under hot water and scratch at the resin and it'll come off, you just need to keep rubbing it i dont know if your piece is that easily accessible on the inside though

6. #6 SwichOne, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011
    u dont need to let it soak overnight or anything,,,,,,throw it in a ziplock bag of salt and alcohol then shake the shit out of it for a few minutes...then take it out rinse the pipe and fill it about a third of the way with salt and the rest with alcohol. (preferably 90% or higher)
    then cover all the holes and make sure u have a good grip and shake the shit out of it for a few minutes. then if there's anything left u can stick a pipe cleaner dipped in salt and alcohol down in there and scrape off any spots. rinse it all out and it should look like brand new.

*added tip-if your using glass pipes in an area where there is hard-water and begin to get buildup on the glass then all u need is to either soak the piece in vinegar or add it to your salt and alcohol while normal cleaning*

7. ^^ do that.

Just did this exactly last night... cleaned all my glass in like 30 minutes.

If you dont like the alcohol and salt smell run some lemon water through it after cleaning and it will be better than new

8. OP asked for the easiest way to clean it pretty good. I'm assuming he's talking about a dry hand pipe caked with resin so a salt/iso wash is going to take a while and alot of shaking to completely clean. An overnight soak in simple grewill leave it like brand new, but if your set on iso make sure you get 91%.