Help with Choosing High-End Glass.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by sumskateborder, Sep 17, 2009.

1. im new to the whole high end type glass and what not, but couldn't u approach a glass blower get a super cool custom billy for 4.5 k lol or am i mega incorrect cause 4.5k is like allot of fucking money lol,
    further more, i was wondering wether anyone knew of a place to get some nice glass in australia?? :confused:
    its like impossible i swear or maybe i haven't search hard enough? idk some help would b much appreciated :D

2. That illy looks nice, costs about the same as my car. Though if something happens to it there isn't much he can really do about it, your friend really should search for a tube based on reliability or collectibility rather than swagger. I've seen much more authentic and unique pieces than the illy coil yet it's the only piece I've seen with such a price tag

3. please dont let him get that illy. he could get multiple toro's for that price.

4. have i posted in the wrong thread, is there another thread for my question?
    or is it that your ignoring my question because i am new, although if that is the case u will ignore this 1 also...

5. lmfao get a $50-60 ehle or magic glass.. and spend the rest on some dank sensi...... no sense on spending 5k on a friggin bong.... as far as functionality goes my $20 acrylic smokes just as good as a 5k friggin glass on glass.... honestly i dont see all the hype w/ this high end glass... ITS GLASS! you drop it you just wasted $4000.... my acrylic has fell over 6ft and is still in 1 piece (fell out the window one night.. or you could go w/ a cheap tube and add shit to it. get a double perc for 200-300. add an ashcater, diffuser, etc... you can make a bong that is just as functional from seperate pieces from different companies.... then not only do you have a 1 off custom bong, but you didnt spend 5k on it.....

6. #26 yawbus, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009

I dont know what you mean by custom billy. Australia well I know a member of another place that has one of the nicest glass collections I have ever seen and I believe he is in Australia. So it is possible and with a little bit of searching you might be able to find it ;)

Ummm........No. Please research what you are trying to claim. I'm not even gonna go into detail on why you are wrong here but you are way wrong.

7. Damn that dudes dumb. Just get a kickass SG or Toro as said, and spend the rest on some real dank bud. He will be much happier.

8. #28 samiel, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2009
    dude spending that kind of money on a bong in this economy is STUPID! seriously you can get just as high from a $20 plastic piece as you can from a 10k custom blown piece.... people that can afford and buy these pieces are "pot snobs". spending 5k on a bong is like owning a ferrari... yes it shows ive made it... but it still does the same god damned thing as a ford fucking focus... gets you from point a to point b....

oh and yes you can build a bad ass bong from different pieces from different companies... why do you think the standard joint size is 14.5mm and 18.8mm? so you can add shit to it.... why do you think people buy roor tubes, and add cheaper precoolers, different bowls, different diffusers.... you sound retarded telling me im wrong...

9. I really have to agree with most of what has ben said here. Dropping that much cash on a bong isn't really necessary. Personally I would pick up a stemless disc diffused bong and spend the rest on things like a heady a/c and some nice bud. Once you hit upwards of $1000 it stops being about functionality.

10. this has to be a troll

either that or the guy who made the topic is a little shithead with a rich daddy

11. I was actually thinking its bullshit. If you find his thread about his new roor you see that they look like kids so I doubt his friend actually has $4000 to drop on the bong. I could be wrong but..... well you know.

12. It may be BS, but who knows. As a passionate collector of high end glass the only artist I look to in that price range is Scott Deppe. Research his work and you may see why. That Cowboy/Illa collab is a functional work of art no doubt, but for the money there are much better choices.

13. That is so true. If you approached a glass blower and was like Im giving you 4.5 thousand dollars, he would blow you like a complete collection. Putting that much into one piece is not the best way to do it. as for the australia question idk. yall have some harsh ass laws. sorry i couldnt help good luck

14. just stfu seriously

15. No, my friend really does haha. He works for his dad, and he can basically get however much money he wants, when he wants. Last weekend he went to work and made $5,000 in 3 hours.

Im not lying about anything in this thread.

16. if i was gonna get a bong for 2gs i would get either a custom roor. or a illadelph diffuser, with the freezable perc.

just my 2 cents

17. $4500 :eek:. That is WAY WAY WAY to much for a simple tube. $4500 should be getting you art, not a bong.

18. I would never Spend that kind of money on a piece. Sorry but I would rather buy some dank ass weed. This coming from someone with a pretty decent sized collection of pieces. My two most expensive pieces are my $500 volcano, and my $250 US Tubes beaker bottom. Both do the job just fine.

PS. Don't talk shit to Samiel, He is right. My acrylic Graffix does the same thing as any of the high end pieces I have smoke out of. Only difference, glass tastes better.

19. Just looked up Scott Deppe and have to say his glassblowing is incredible, never seen anything like it.

20. #40 VT_killah, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2009
    One of the headshops near me (Bern Gallery) doesn't have this anymore (I think it was the pipeclassic 2007 winner) but they sure do have stuff in this range still and of equal amazingness.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stole the pics from a thread on here!

http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/216216-most-insane-glass-ever-pics.html

As for that piece they had it in the bern for a while, I remember we tried to figure out how it worked for like 20 minutes. It has several bowls, several carbs, several mouth pieces etc. Very confusing lol.

The Bern or Full Tank are the only headshops I've seen with glass that expensive / nice. That thing ^^^ was like $2g's or less I believe, I'd much rather have that and half a pound of dankness than that dumb gold roor to be honest...

Another ex). Dunno if you guys saw that Snic electro-formed bubbler in Closet smokers thread but the Bern has one right now for $500. That thing is SO sick, I'd take that over that gold roor too regardless of price.