Help with CFL flowering setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Skurby, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Hey peeps, I started flowering one plant with 3 CFLs and was wondering if someone had ideias on how I could put my bulbs horizontal!
    I am using:
    1 125w 2100k with a reflector and 2 60w 6700k ones.

This is how I am using the bulbs temporarily but I am using cardboard so it's a bit stiffy

Attached Files:

2. IMG_20200623_230951_002.jpg update: used another reflector I had, switch the socket to E27 and managed to hang one 60w there and 2 50w hanging. I guess 275w of CFL would do the trick to flower it

3. As long as your not expecting a good return with dense buds i use 1 450w dual spectrum CFL for seedling to start of flower now the reason i stop using at flower is i tried flowering with 450w cfl and the quality of the buds and yield and they was fluffy and was not good at all i was very disappointed but good luck buddy :)

4. I am expecting one dual spectrum 200w and 2 more 60w 6700k. Yhea its my first grow and I'm using CFL because of eletricity spendings but whenever I can and it is a good weather I put them outside. Where I live the temps never go up 26-27⁰C and the summer is still hot and always some wind blowing.

You use HPS to flower?

5. Yeah mate if you swap out for a 250w hps you'll get 4-5 times the yield of cfl.
    600w of hps can drop over a half kilo in the right hands.
    The problem with cfl is that it's only useful for about 5 inches.
    If you download a lux meter app for your phone you'll see what I mean. They're not exactly accurate for measuring light but to see how much light dissipates from a certain point they do the job well enough.

6. Hps needs something other than just the reflector right? Like a energy distributor?
    I'm flowering 1 at a time that's why I have 3 at the top (1 125w and 2 60w) and I want to put the others hanging on the side to get light close the the full length of the colas. 6 or 7 CFLs surrounding the plant maybe will get me a better result.

20200625_164713.jpg With 2 months of flower it got some nice 10/11 good strong colas so I'm proud of that for my first plant xD

7. I'll try that app with all the lights on. What numbers should I be expecting from the metter?

8. They're not that accurate mate. It will be equally off with itself though if you get me.
    So if you measure it right under the light.
    Then at 4 inch from the light.
    Then bear in mind plants stretch like a foot at least during bloom and check so check it at 12 inches and you'll see the %age change

9. Maybe dual lamp sockets will help you with more light.

C3514049-98EE-4CC7-83D8-100ACC20B44E.jpeg

10. 70'000 rings a bell somewhere though.
    Could swear I've seen guys say they've tested the apps agains tother methods and 70'000 lux is what you want at canopy height for bloom.
    I could be totally wrong mate but I'm pretty convinced that's the going rate.
    Actually, just Google it lol. Google knows a lot more than I do lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Got curious and checked the sun from outside on a clear day.
    It was 24-26*c when I measured and....
    Screenshot_20200625-183827.png

I done that twice...
    Turned out the first time I done it.
    My phone went into shock mode and turned the screen brightness down to 10%.
    I'm in absolutely no hurry to find out why so ... Yeah .. sorry but I will be of no further use really.
    I'm colour blind and my phone's in a monkey proof case so it might still be visable but I can't see shit.
    Can't see shit in the dark. Never knew untill my Mrs moved in with me and I realised it wasn't normal.
    I'm 35 and it's only been 7 years :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Nice looking tent dude! Im working on getting some Pvc to do a tent like that just for veg! I looked everywhere where I live and I still haven't seen those sockets :(

13. Seriously? You really didn't noticed that while you were young?

14. Not sure I've always had it mate. Noticed it about 14 years ago when I tried to pick out paint for the first time. Never been so fuckin confused in all my days.
    I'm not like black n white sight but i dont remember or think in colour. Couldnt tell you what colour my own front door is without looking at it.
    If any things not a primary colour I'm pretty stumped. for blues, reds, purples, browns, greens if they're not the right colour they could be anything. Was very tedious trying to figure out deficienes at the start of this lol. Can see under blurples pretty well now though. Makes weird greens and yellows easier to see.
    Can't see shit under hps though. Everything's just yellow it's a nightmare. Attic grow so no chance of natural light :(

Or if you meant the can't see in the dark thing then no. I've always had that I as far as I know. It's dark mate. I just figured it was normal.

15. Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Would it hurt to switch the lights from the cfls to the Phlizon 1200w at the beginning of week 3?