Help with cannabutter

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Tshierts, Jan 18, 2019.

1. I made cannabutter but used too much water! Anyone have an idea of how to save? I already strained out the plant material and have lots of water with little chunks of infused butter pieces floating on the top. Was thinking about adding more butter and slow cooking it to cook off some of the water?? Help is welcomed!!

2. I add mine to the fridge so it cools quicker

then simply lift of the solid cold butter

as it floats then trash the rest

good luck

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Yep did that overnight but maybe should have left it even longer?? Idk! Thanks for your reply!

4. I believe your theory with adding more butter and slow cooking it to a bit longer to burn off the water to save it may work but do keep in mind depending on the amount of butter added, the potency may be diluted. Not to say it will be “weaker” afterwards per say. But you will have the same amount of thc with even more butter which can increase the amount of “things” your able to make in some recipes but each individual “batch” will be less stronger than if you were to not add butter. Your batch as a whole should contain the same amount though assuming you’ve used all the butter. “weaker” butter is better than ruined butter IMO.

Do you slow cook it with a top on your pot or not? If not, why not try and slow cook your current product with a top on your pot. This may do the trick in accumulating some of the water you added. If your original quantity of butter seems to be lost in the process, perhaps add a little and continue slow cooking until satisfied with butter consistency. Let us know the results OP.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I’d go with vostoks method. He knows more about this subject than me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I always use 1.5 cups of water per stick of butter with an ounce of flower per stick of butter.