Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with cannabutter that kills pain

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by TheHashashin, Jan 18, 2013.

1. So I made brownies and canna capsules from the article in BKS thread... They worked great to say the least, but I want to make ones that have more of a body high specifically to help kill pain (I snowboard, I fall, I have bruised ribs, also I made em with disel and they gave you quite the head high) so what I want to know is what methods and or thc/cbd groups are best to get this effect? Does it just have to do with the kind of flowers I use? Like smoking ya kno indica dominant vs sativa? I read somewhere something that made me think with bakeing it was different, but I am not sure where it was...

Any help would be greatly appreciated my ribs hurt like hell... Tylenol Don't do much and I am clumsy/active enough that its bad if I take anything stronger cause I can't feel pain as much which makes me prone to hurting myself more...

2. Diesel would not be good for pain, great head but no pain. The effects are unique to the strain in whichever form. Another big factor is the decarb time and temp. It is possible to give a Sativa heavy body effects by decarbing to the point that the thc starts breaking down into lower cannabinoids, but that degrades the reefer and isn't advised if you want any psychoactive properties, too. A strong indica is your best bet. :wave:

3. The best way to achieve more of a body high, is to consume more cbd than thc. So in order to achieve more cbd compounds in your caps or edibles, is by simply increasing your processing time.

If you process your oil, or butter or whatever you use, for about 3 total hours rather than an hour and a half or two, you will notice a big difference. So try adding an extra hour to the time its in the oven, and prepare to get close with your couch

4. Thanks, that's kinda what I thought :/.... It's hard to get good indica where I live unfortunately... Would their be any way to cause this degradation in a dehydrator? As to not harm the material as much as possible? Is there any kind of process that automatically has a more potent body high? I'm kinda workin with the disel for now (it's from greenhouse or so I'm told its quite nice) if I did want to cause this degradation what would be the best way to achieve it do ya suppose?

5. I don't really think that would work with a dehydrator because heat is needed to do it. You can do it with low heat (220) without as much physical damage to the material by decarbing in the oven for a longer time. Depending on the original moisture level, you might decarb for 40-50 minutes instead of the accepted 25-30 minutes. BKS may have a table in her thread somewhere, but I don't know for sure. I've done little or no decarb to make the effects more cerebral, especially a couch lock strain, but not the other way. JKCole may be able to be more specific for you. Good luck with your pain. :)

6. I already do it for the ten hours BKS suggests should I go longer u think? Should I decrease heat from 200 if I do?

7. #7 jkcole, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    [quote name='"TheHashashin"']

I already do it for the ten hours BKS suggests should I go longer u think? Should I decrease heat from 200 if I do?[/quote]

If youre experiencing good effects, and they are potent, not much more you can do if its already processed for 10 hours. Like mentioned before you could try different strains which cater to your needs, but i think your only option is a very high cbd strain which is only found medically.

Sam mentioned decarbing less for cerebral effect, but i dont think it goes the opposite way for couch lock. I think you can only process longer.

So your left with two options:

1.Higher cbd levels

Or

2. Higher dosage

8. This is the tutorial for you.... it discusses processing length and the changes in effects provided due to changing cannabinoid content and increased levels of CBN formation, via THC degradation, and increasing the ratio of CBD/CBN/CBG and all other less-temperature sensitive cannabinoids to the slowly falling level of THC (again, as it becomes CBN, the more narcotic and 'numbing', but less euphoric/'psychadelic' cannabinoid metabolite of THC).

When you get closer to the 'sleeping meds' portion of the tutorial, on the 'Five Basic Levels of Effect' portion that discusses processing length, you'll begin to find much more substantial pain relief! :hello:

Just bear in mind it is closer to a narcotic painkiller, in terms of your ability to function and maintain coordination. The level of pain relief is more intense, because you are numbed to a greater extent in addition to anti-inflammatory effects, so sensation of touch will be reduced.
    (To be honest, this is closer to what many recreational users are seeking.... the effects that occur when processing is extended, but stopped just before the resulting meds would put them to sleep before they could enjoy the experience).

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included...
    similar to Phoenix Tears/RSO & BHO, but bioavailable and made with food grade/drinking alcohol
    )

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

Good luck! :wave: