Help with calibrating a digital scale

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by john lamson, Jun 14, 2016.

?

Is it fixable?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2016.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. I bought a digital scale and calibration weights and it says 500 grams for the 100 gram calibration weight in grams, obviously that is way off. the directions tell me how to check the calibration but not how to fix it if it is off. Any tips or thoughts?

2. Put a nickel on your scale. Nickels weigh 5 grams

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I have calibration weights and it is wrong how do i fix it if the calibration is off?

4. Some scales will only let you calibrate with certain sized weights. I have one that will only calibrate with 300g.

Google the instructions dude.

5. how do I google for my exact scale? by the UPC the brandname alone is not coming up. Thank you for your help

6. You can go to your local headshop and pick up calibration weights. U calibrate it and put the weight on the scale and it automatically calibrates

7. I have the weights, but I already called the seller and what it is doing cannot be fixed so I have to just get a new one. Thank you for the help, everyone.

8. #8 killset, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    You have to have the right weight to calibrate. Not all scales are the same. The poster earlier said his only calibrated with a 300g weight. I have a scale that only calibrates with 100g weight and another that need a 200g weight. If you can't find it by name it's probably a cheap Chinese scale they plaster any name on. The downside is you'll never know what weight to calibrate it to. Putting a nickel or the wrong size weight on for calibration will only screw it up. Different size weights can be used to check it's accuracy but not calibrate it. Let's say it needs a 100g weight to calibrate it, but you use a 50g weight. All that will do is set it to read 100gs when you really only have 50gs or 50 when you only have 25, or something close so on and so forth. Probably time for a new scale and pay attention to how it's calibrated and what size weight.