Help with buying seeds in the US/Illinois

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by BlueJoe, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Hey everyone,
    So I never bought seeds online and I'm looking to at the moment. Is there any seed bank that you guys recommend that ships from the US? I don't want to risk any trouble with foreign shipping and customs. If I could have a local one based in Illinois or anywhere I could shop in person here would be nice too. But I'm open to any seedbank in the US.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ILGM.

• Like Like x 1
  3. No need to go outside the US for seeds.
    Greybeard, BakedBeans, North Atlantic, OregonElite, DCSeedExchange, to name a few are safe and easy.
    Even mailing cash is fine, which I did with BakedBeans recently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Great Lakes Genetics.

Ordered several times, great company, great genetics.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I like the GLG also love JBC seeds

• Like Like x 1
  6. JBC Seeds? I'll have to check em out! :hookah:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Did you buy them yet? Marc at Neptune Seed Bank in Long Beach is a great guy with not only a fantastic collection but also phenomenal reputation/relationships with many, many breeders. If he can't get it for you it's long gone and you're looking secondary market

8. In 15 years buying seeds from Amsterdam, England, Canada and Spain, the only time I've ever been ripped off or had any problem at all, was North Atlantic right here in Maine.

When you pay your money, they don't send, and stop communicating, that's as bad as it gets.

It turned me off from trying another USA seed shop. I just buy from the Vault, never any problem. Maybe I might try a US seed shop in the future, they would have to have a long term great history, but definitely not North Atlantic. Once burnt, twice shy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I've had two lost orders from european banks, including a recent one, so I rarely use them anymore.
    I've never had trouble with a US bank, even when mailing cash.

10. Great! I'm happy that works for you, the important thing is you got your seeds when you need them. My experience is the opposite.

To me, the Vault/seed boutique, Herbie's, are professionals, have been around a long time, we know them and they know what they're doing. I never had a problem with stealth or being intercepted and the seeds are fresh and germinate.

The North Atlantic people's main business is a knick-knack shop in Madison. I have no trust in them, strictly amateur, and got burned first time. Getting stiffed feels icky. I don't have any connection to the Vault but they come through every time for me, no problem, no ripoff. I appreciate that.

11. Jbc and North Atlantic seeds have my vote.

12. North Atlantic seeds are outta central Maine . Fantastic costumer service , fantastic genetics in breeder packs . I revived a bum pack of fast buds gelato where none germinated . Had replacement pack in 5 days .I can’t speak highly enough about them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. So, they wasted your time on a pack of junk seeds with zero germination rate and you're happy about that? Dude, the seeds were probably improperly stored.
    Last summer I popped a ten pack of Spice of Life Blue Satellite 2.2 that I bought 10 years ago, in 2010, and nine of the ten still germinated. If you're happy wasting your time on failure like that, good luck to you. I prefer good quality seeds that don't need to be replaced.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ya miss understand....I ordered hundreds of seeds from them no prob . Just pointing out costumer service and reliability . I have seeds older than 10 years with no issue . It was a bum pack from fast buds breading ... not north Atlantic’s fault dude.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. I have used greybeard, seedsman, and JBC before all with success.
    I want to say greybeard was fastest
    I think he is a seedsman reseller in u.s
    Not fact just my opinion
    All above worked well for me in u.s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I have used Greybeard, Unofficial Good Guys, Puff Puff Pass with no issues. I am in Illinois. I like Greybeard site for lots of selection. They also have pages on social media for conversation, seeds.

17. When I am looking for strains from larger name breeders such as barneys farm, I like to use the vault because they have one of the biggest selections of seeds and definitely the best freebie program of any seed bank!!!! For hot new reg beans that are coming out of the ig world and smaller NA breeders I have used northatlanticseed.com with no issues. Another great option is contacting breeders!!! If you want to be growing the hottest runtz shit or the newest mac1 mix this is the best option.. also buying from the breeder is the cheapest because they usually give more seeds per pack.( at least mephisto does for sure)