Help with bugs!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PurpAndSyrup, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Ok guys, I noticed some small white bugs on my soil last week, today I went to check on my girls and I saw a small black bug that was on the stalk of my plant, I could see it and it looked like an ant, I really hope it's not a problem with spider mites. I haven't had any problems with the leaves on the plants other than a couple leaves at the bottom of the plant turning yellow, once the yellow I just cut them off. But, I checked the under sides of the leaves and they all look good, no signs of mites. I'm really frustrated that these bugs are around my plants and I have no idea what they are?

2. F**K!!.. I was just told that baby mites are white when they are born. I think the white bugs may have been the babies, and the black bugs may have been developed. I could see the bugs without a microscope and they looked like small ants. I really hope I'm wrong and they are just a harmless bug, today was the first time I saw a black bug and it was on the main stem of the plant moving down towards the soil, I saw a couple more in the soil moving around. This really pisses me off, can someone help me out with this?

3. Can someone help me out with some info.

4. Mites are not White they are yellow and red. white is usually thirps which is worse then mites. Unless you notice Yellow dots like pin holes on your leaves then its not mites.

5. They aren't thirps.. There is no leaf damage at all, not even a tiny yellow spot. I really want to find out what these bugs are! I did some research and found out that springtails can be white or black, and they have antennae which is exactly what the black bugs looked like, they had noticable antennae's, and they were very similiar in appearance to ants! The white bugs didn't look like they were as big so they could have just been the younger and less developed. I'm still not 100% sure what these bugs are that I have, but I'm a little bit more sure they could be springtails.