Help with Buds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by husky1, Feb 2, 2006.

1. I got some seeds from a friend, no idea what kind of plant strain he has, but one thing I noticed about his crop was that the buds were very loose and not alot to them. Is there a way to get fuller buds that are more compact or could it be the stain of pot?
    Do you think maybe he was doing something wrong?
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. hmm well how did he grow them? i heard when the plant gets around 2 feet tall you just use 2 fingers and crack the stem and should make more buds and reduce the hight...saw that in a HighTimes DVD....i would recommend doing that b/c i would do the same but i'm sure others will give you better ideas

3. Length of flowering has an affect on bud density. It makes sense that the longer you grow the denser the nug will get because it is allowed to fill in the space more. Also when the bud doesnt transfer hands it will be fluffier because it isnt getting baged and squished by multiple people, the more hands bud crosses the denser it tends to get. Also an aside, outdoor bud tends to be denser than indoor bud. In the end if it gets me high, i cant complain:smoke:.

4. The strain and lighting are the biggest factors, cfls tend to give ya the airy buds, but potency is still there :D . the hps give the dense buds, m/h can give the dense buds as well. Even cfls can give ya some preddy dense buds, but it's also strain dependant too.

5. Fresh fish is definately correct in saying that, also there are some techniques (none that i have ever tried) to get denser buds, you can look them up if you are looking for density.