Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help with breaking bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Droid, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Whether it be that the weather's really hot or I'm nervous at the moment for obvious reasons, if my hands start to get a little clammy, the bud will stick to my fingers (and not because of the THC, because of the sweat). Is there any other way to do it if my hands can't stay dry at the moment?

2. I always use Sterile Gloves because I hear the Oils on your hands can make it less Potent?

3. shot glass and scissors, you should search b4 you ask questions tho next time sir . but happy tokin

4. I would highly recommend investing in a grinder. Come in all types and sizes, some better than others but for $45 or around there you'll have something that lasts a lifetime and solve all your bud breaking problems.

5. What do I do with a shot glass and scissors?

6. just put the weed in the glass and put the scissors in there and chop away. You could also put it on a cutting board or mirror or something and use a razor blade or knife if you're desperate and can't use your hands.

7. Find either a small condiment bowl or a shot glass(CLEAN!!) and a CLEAN pair of small nail/cuticle scissors. Dont touch the bud with your skin at all, cut off the amount you want to smoke then cut it up CAREFULLY AND EVENLY, then just load it into your piece.
    And always wash your hands before doing any of thos

8. I would have to remove any stems before I start chopping away right?

9. You probably want to do that ;)

10. put it in a ziplock bag then break it up lol:hello:

11. If they are big or hard, yes. Small stems can be cut up fine, just make sure to cut it evenly and carefully, this is important.
    In addition, a pair of tweezers that are DESIGNATED to use just for weed can help to handle the bud and pick out seeds/stems or whatever.

Clean all tools with alcohol, rinse and dry well beore ever using them. Wash your hands every time you plan to prepare bud for smoking or whatever.

12. Or you could invest in a small grinder. I picked up a really nice one, a sharpstone for 55$ at my local headshop (a little over priced but the only other headshop near me only sells space case for 99). And i had one before this one i found somewere for like 20 bucks and it worked great until i broke it. Kief is awesome by the way.

13. Honestly it's actually very worth it. Coffee grinder should suffice, although I recently got a space case grinder in the mail, which I am very satisfied with. I say if you're rolling joints and on the go lots, get a handheld like a space case or sharpstone, etc (don't get a shitty cheap one, as everyone says they break). If you just want something to break up, I'd recommend the coffee grinder, whenever i grind up new stuff, it collects the kief stuck to the container.

14. use tiny scizzors to cut it up.

15. desiel do you really smoke the stems????????????? Yuck bro i can taste them in the weed. even when grounded up. I almost fell off my couch when I read that lol :smoking:

16. Well actually I dont smoke very much any more, I usually vaporize in which case its ok to throw in stems. If your smoking(yea i should have specified in the first place) then definitly remove stems! they are harsh and taste bad

17. get yourself a grinder and you'll have no problems.

18. Picked up a little grinder at my local headshop, 3 chamber. Kief catch, 30 bucks.