Help with basic use function of FanTech FX6 centrigual fan

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nesgames4u, Apr 26, 2006.

1. I just bought this 6" fan for future use wih a carbon filter and found a great deal on ebay.

When I got it though, it has no power chord, no place for a power chord to plug in, no off-on switch or anything. It comes with some screws and the instructions only speak of soldering wires to the proper places, yet all the wiring I can see is properly sealed in a little box unit attatched to the fan.

WTF?! I am not an electrician, and even if I was, I'd probably ask that any devices I use would come with a minimum of an "on/off switch." Something! WTF?!

2. Take it to some place to have them look at it...maybe your close by grow shop ...they could help you for sure

3. should of bought a Vortex like I told you :) The fantech FX6 moves 257CFM max and costs more than a Vortex 6" that moves 449 CFM Anyway, since it's too late for that, here's a link to the wiring diagram and installation instructions for you http://www.fantech.net/fx_inst.pdf

4. This is one of the reasons I don't do business with EBay. If I see a product that I like on EBay I call up on the telephone the store of the seller. That way I can ask lots of questions. If they don't have a store I don't do business. Caveat emptor; buyer beware.