Help with basic setup questions.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Atomik, Jul 28, 2010.

1. #1 Atomik, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
    I have started putting together my indoor aeroponic setup. I have purchase an aerojet4-tray water chiller, RO etc.. Here's my first question of what will, probably, turn out to be quite a few. How do I connect the RO and water chiller to the reservoir? Do they both connect and go through constant filtration and cooling or do I just hook up the RO to my sink and simply use it each time I add water to my reservoir?

Also, Anyone have advice on whether to use a growing media or not with the aerojet? If I don't use a growing media do I still use a net pot? I appreciate all discussions and advice.

Thanks in advance

~Noob

2. Hook your RO to your sink. You only need to filter it once, otherwise you would filter out your nutes. I have never seen a chiller used in a grow setup. Why is it needed?
    I do hydro, but I believe in aeroponics you still need medium and a netpot.

Is your avatar a Chuck Close painting?

3. i have also never heard of a water chiller, assuming it makes water colder ?, being used in this type of growing. sounds like u know what ur talkin about tho, maybe some more help for u in the "indoor growing" section, thats full of indoor growers