Help with bad highs?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Pandurrs, Apr 9, 2013.

1. #1 Pandurrs, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
    Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this and if its not please let me know, but i have a pretty important question about my issue with bad highs.

So im a pretty experienced smoker, and have been smoking at least once a day (usually a lot more) for 3+ years and I've never had a problem other than the occasional "oh god I'm way to high i cant move" experiences. However in January I got really sick, the doctor told me I had viral gastroenteritis, and for whatever the reason my blood pressure and anxiety levels were crazy high. A few months later and I'm feeling much better, made a ton of lifestyle changes (mostly diet related) and am now more focused on my health than ever. my blood pressure has been fantastic lately and my anxiety is close to gone.

So today I vaped before class, nothing new, pretty standard. However as I was walking to my car I started to get a weird feeling with every breath I took, the only way I could describe it is that feeling you get when you get the breath knocked out of you. For example I would inhale normally, exhale normally and on the very end of my exhale I would feel that extra breath knocked out of you feeling. It tripped me out so bad I was seriously worried and I pretty much had to manually breathe. I ended up laying in my car for 30 minutes before I could even get up and walk to class and still felt really weird until the high went away.

My biggest issue is this is not a strange one time thing, a lot of my highs lately have been really really bad, to the point of practically scaring me to death. I have no idea why this is happening especially now that I'm more healthy than ever and it really makes me scared to smoke.

Has anybody else experienced these types of bad highs were things just seem to go wrong with your body and freak you out? Any advice would be much appreciated.

sorry for the wall of text
    TL;DR really really bad highs, whats the deal I could use some advice :]

2. panic attacks bro. i used to get them when i was smoking all day everyday. just take a break and you're good. also this is toking tools. lol

3. Yeah. Definitely panic attacks but I was the opposite. The more I vaped the Better I got and realised its just a panic attack and weed can't hurt you. I never get them now and there was a point when I thought I'd never get over them. They were pretty bad. My advice is to look up panic attacks. Especially panic attacks while under cannabis influence. I read about all this while having one and came out of it laughing so much. The main reason panic attacks starts are because you are in a situation you know you can't get out off. I.e. your high! Learn about you body is the best way. Hope I helped. Feel free to message me as I know what your going through. Don't let this put you off. It's all in the mind bro. I know it's hard to hear because its so real sometimes but even professionals will say the same. The only way doctors cure panic attacks is to give them oxygen. My mate was a first aider and he never used to turn the oxygen on. Aslong as the person having the panic attack thought it was. Good luck.

4. I just had one...finally tried my NL cured two weeks and freaked the fuck out. Been smoking daily for over 1.5 years. I've had them before when I was a new toker, but this one was realllly bad. I was extremely paranoid, and went 45 minutes out of my way to drive home because I thought everyone was coming to get me. It was a horrible feeling and I hated it. I tried a few hits the next day (yesterday) and same thing, extreme paranoia. I guess it's just the bud...maybe I don't do well with NL/Indicas? I don't know...really no idea. I did ok on the Critical Jack I had leading up to this.

5. ^^^ Cannabis hits everyone different but for the most part it's actually the opposite, the racy high of a pure sativa can be the cause of anxiety and panic attacks. Indicas usually have a more calming effect.

For example purple strains that have that lavender smell often, which for the most part are indicas, contain Linalool a terpenoid that counters anxiety.

If you are prone to panic attacks vaping could be the casue of it as well. Not vaping at a high enough temperature does not release some of the other compounds that counter act the THC.

6. Sorry. I meant indica is better and sativa is more likely to induce anxiety because of a lower CBD:THC Ratio. Ill delete my last confusing message.

"Cannabis indica may have a CBD:THC ratio 4–5 times that of Cannabis sativa. Cannabis strains with relatively high CBD:THC ratios are less likely to induce anxiety than vice versa".

7. I've always had panic attacks. :< They suck. I've been feeling the same way, though! lately It feels really bad. I can't smoke and then go out, or I have a lot of problems. So I usually only smoke in the evenings before bed or when I'm doing housework and won't be leaving for a few hours, lol.
    Maybe try not smoking before you leave for a few days, to see if that helps? Or vape/smoke, and then eat something so you might feel better? Like drinking a glass of milk or something like that! Good luck!

8. Hello, I'm new to grasscity and overall toking the herb. Whenever I toke and coming down I get a slight small headache. Also I start analysing everything and think deep about my current life.
    Also, I'm paranoid quite often.(while high)
    My friend told me that there could of been seeds in the herb I got from this dealer.
    I smoke from a bong.

Any experienced toker know why I experience this?

9. Welcome to the club.

10. I've never had a problem with panic attacks, because I have a tendency to be calm in all situations (I.e. getting arrested, expelled, bad news) I can control my own mind.

However, my best friend tried weed and loved it, but the second time (and indica strain) he had a horrible panic attack and felt like he couldn't move or breathe, and it scared him away from marijuana since... I try to explain it to him but he just won't hear it.. Just don't put yourself in bad situation, and research different buds before you try them

11. That's weird. You're just like me. Even hearing the death of a loved one doesnt phase me. But when I started weed I used to get horrible highs. I also suffer from sleep paralysis so that might be the cause but now all my highs are gold because I know it's all in the head!