Help with ash-catcher please.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by jnewcs, Jul 24, 2012.

1. So I have a small glass piece. It has the glass down stem and the glass pull bowl. The stem on the pre-cooler doesn't fit into the down stem. Making me think there is another piece I'll need. Can someone advise?

Attached Files:

2. Yes, return the ash catcher, unfortunately it's not going to fit. Buy an ash catcher that is a slide, like your bowl.

3. Are you sure? There is a way do do anything,.

4. Looks like you have a grommet, and the ash catcher you have is a glass on glass one. Get a new piece that fits your ash catcher.

5. just get a glass on glass bong that's a piece of crap grommet bong look up *******techs

6. lol, do you not think I would buy another piece if I could afford one? lol.

So you really think there is no way to get it to work?

7. #7 BeatsandGrass, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
    You can get a glass on glass conversion kit. I actually bought one a few years ago, when I first started smokeing. Cost me 20 dollars, and came with a little glass downstem, and a rubber gormet. Push it through and you're good.

You might have to look around though, because the first few shops I went to, had know idea what it was.

8. Is there a name for it?

9. Just ask for a glass on glass conversion kit. Tell them you have a rubber gourmet, but you want to make it a gong. they should know, you will probably need 14mm downstem.

10. Thank you everyone!

11. #11 jnewcs, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
  12. dude just save up for a glass on glass bong google ssfg glass they got a nice travel tube for 60 bucks if you can afford buying weed you can cut back and save some cash for a new bong

13. If you can't afford a gong bong I'd look around for a gong pipe you can attach a gong bowl or ac to it and make it a pipe or bubbler they cost around $10

14. I haven't bought weed in years.

15. Just wrap something around the glass on glass fitting so it will fit tightly down the stem. Its far enough away from the heat source that there shouldnt be any health concerns.

16. lol, I was thinking about rigging it. Gonna make a trip to the headshop(Do they still call it that) later today

17. I'd keep the a/c and ditch the bong, those grommets have no suction compared to glass on glass. Thats just me though. There are conversion kits out there, weather your LHS has them or not is hard to say.

18. Get a j hook and just use the ash catcher as a bubbler.

19. Use a drill? Poop :)