Help with a grow tent?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by humo verde, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Hey Grasscity,

I'm a complete growing novice, and I'm looking to get into cultivation. I don't have much space in my apartment, and I'm thinking this tent could be ideal:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TIRKAE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002TIRKAE&linkCode=as2&tag=wwwferoledeur-20

The thing is, it looks like I'd need to supplement the tent with ventilation, lighting, and growing system. I don't know if there are specific fans or lightings systems that are compatible with this tent. Do I need a particular size or anything like that? Any recommendations for wattage in the lighting? I'm really a tyro here so all advice is appreciated.

Deuces, tokers  :bongin:

2. It has intake and outtake ports. Soo all you have to do about ventilation is get the fan size it says on Amazon that the ports take. For lighting it said it supported over a hundred pounds so and light will work a sun blaster you could put 2 200watt lights in there have the intake going through the port then those and have a carbon filter on the out take with a fan blowing on plants you'd be golden but idk what your budget is so I can't tell you what to look for.

3. Say my budget was $500. How far will that get me with ventilation and lighting?

4. So is that fan controller compatible with all inline fans?

5. [quote name="humo verde" post="19324386" timestamp="1389505330"]So is that fan controller compatible with all inline fans?[/quote]Should be I know it will work for the one out take that I had down. As I believe

6. Yeah it will

7. Check out my thread on grow tents,I just bought my first 4x4x7 tent.Im running a 1000 watt light cooled with a 240 cfm duct fan.i also have a 6 in carbon filter with a 440 cfm fan sucking that out and I just bought 2 clip on fans for opposite posts.I spent on that alone from amazon about $600.I love my tent! I have a regular grow room to but my tent is def nice.I spent about $150 on a meter and a few hundred on soil and nutes for a 30 plant run I'm a month away from cropping.A tent is def stealth except for the duct work coming out to exhaust and cool you light lol.Ill post a few Picts of mine and let u know how mine is ran

8. This is how I have mine ran.On the left I have the intake duct running from a cold source to one side of my light,I have the 240 cfm fan on this side of the light pulling it in and out the other side of my light and out the left side and I point the duct up as hot air rises.The carbon filter and 440 fan are hung in the tent with duct work exhausting it out the top of the tent.my tent runs at between 72 and 78.I run co2 and exhaust every 1/2 hr or when it gets above 78.Hope this helped you.Happy growing guys.Oh I didn't include price of some of my timers,some of those were a bit pricey. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389586078.458714.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389586097.210749.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. [quote name="johnnyjane" post="19330209" timestamp="1389586099"]This is how I have mine ran.On the left I have the intake duct running from a cold source to one side of my light,I have the 240 cfm fan on this side of the light pulling it in and out the other side of my light and out the left side and I point the duct up as hot air rises.The carbon filter and 440 fan are hung in the tent with duct work exhausting it out the top of the tent.my tent runs at between 72 and 78.I run co2 and exhaust every 1/2 hr or when it gets above 78.Hope this helped you.Happy growing guys.Oh I didn't include price of some of my timers,some of those were a bit pricey.[​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389586078.458714.jpg[​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389586097.210749.jpgSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Or the price of my speed controls but those are like $15-$25 each.My air intake is an open 6 in port on the bottom left side of the tent.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum