Help... Wiring my fans to power source.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ak05live, Jul 31, 2011.

1. I am making a pc grow box and I ran into a problem. I have 2 different connections to power sources on my fans and I have access to neither of them. I am willing to cut the wires and put them with others to create power but I don't know what to do. Please help me figure this out.

2. What color wires do you have coming off the fans ? Are they pc fans ? If there are 3 wires you only need the red ( positive ) and the black ( negative ) the other one is for speed control which you don't need for the fans to run . And then your going to need something that converts ac (alternating current ) to dc ( direct current ) examples old phone charger , old laptop charger , ac/dc converter will do .. then you will cut the end off either the phone charger or whatever you decide to you and determine which is positive and which one is negative once you do that put the positive wire on the fan to the positive on you power supply ( phone charger Ect...) Then do the same for the negative wire. Then when all done plug in you power supply ( phone charger Ect... ) and the fan should turn on ... Hope this helps somewhat

3. Do not just connect up wires without an understanding of what you are doing. Someone here (including myself) will gladly help.

Explain the type of fan or a picture will help. If it is a small computer fan, do as Mjozeph explained.