Help... will it survive?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ssmith600, Jun 19, 2009.

1. does it look like it will survive, 3 weeks old roughly, never nute'ed and wondering if i should get some nutrients, i had a problem about a week ago i noticed it was getting tall really fast, somone told me to lower the light, and ever since its been ok but theres the one hole in the first leaf as you can see, and the 2 botom leaves that hold water already fell off, need advice

ps: slight yellow tint
    thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. What kind of light set up do you have? It looks like it isnt getting anywhere near enough light.

It will probably survive, you just need to get the growing conditions ideal...

3. Your plant looks very stretched, how far away are your lights from the plant now? I'm a first time grower too, and I'm pretty sure i read somewhere you can fertilize at three weeks but to start them off at a like 1/4 or 1/2 strength fertilizer

4. I would not fertilize now. Get it under a real light source or give it up.

5. sunlight and water is all you need for now

6. I usually try to stay positive, but I think that plant is too stretched to make it. When it is so tall that it has to be staked up at such a young age, its likely too far gone. But, there is a positive side.....you made a mistake, got several valuable opinions, and know what to do differently next time. This is a learn-by-experience game. That's how most of us learned. Next time will be better!

7. ok i guess i fucked up cus check out this picture vvv its a 45 watt light 120v my buddies think im burning it, my buddy has a plant light and a timer. but i was goign to transplant it and bring the soil up closer to the leaves to get the stress off the long ass stem

[​IMG]

8. Try getting at least close to 100 watts on it. I don't know what kind of bulb that is your using, but judging by the unhealthy look you should try at least switching to a 42W CFL bulb because your current bulb clearly isn't giving it good light...

9. is that a halogen? IMO, looks like a par38 halogen LMAO.

they need compact fluorescents at this point. Or a HID, but that's much more complicated than what youre doing right now.

Get some of the spiral tube cfls. either 26w or 42w bulbs would be your best option, but multiple bulbs of either variety...at least 4x26. 6500k "daylight" is the color youre after.

10. so i got a real plant light hopefully it helps survives
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. I suggest you start over, that plant is pretty stressed.

12. yeah but i just dont want to give up its a really good strain

13. That happend to me, just LST it, start using a good light source and when 3/4 pairs of leaves develop tie it down to one side and circle the potter. It will be fine.

14. Looks like Yao Ming

15. i clipped the first set of leaves it was brown but the top is still growing im using distilled water and got a real plant light, its looking fine. im raising the soil up closer to the top

16. how long will stunted growth spurt take til it starts growing its been mabye a week or 2 just same design shape and height extremely slow growing but it has new soil i used jungle growth potting mix, got a real plant light and a bigger pot, in time will it revive?

17. i am a beginning grower myself, but I know for a fact that aluminum foil around the plants actually helps the lights burn your plants by intensifying and compresing the light rays into small, kinda laser-type rays that burn through your leaves. If i was you i would remove the foil and change it to at least a white bedsheet. I have painted my closet white and its working superb!

Hope I helped.

Quik D

18. let it go dude...

19. it does look pretty far gone not to steal your thread but this is mine at a about 16 days and its only like 2.5in tall

Attached Files:

• 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      329.5 KB
      Views:
  20. You need to re-transplant it unfortunately, and bury that long ass stem dude. Otherwise it be a lanky plant for its whole life and not produce much I would say... who knows though, these things have a way of working themselves out :) At least your trying, Good Luck!