Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help, why is my bubbler so harsh?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by xsmallheartx, Dec 28, 2009.

1. I was wondering why my bubbler (http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-to...r-bubbler.html) is so harsh.

I purchased it knowing it would obviously be harsher than a bong but since it is pretty large and there is a decent amount of water, easily tokable.

I'm still an apprentice toker but I have a friend that has been smoking for about 2-3 years and smokes bongs every day. And even he said its so harsh and just burns his lungs.

I fill the water up very high (I've tried small, medium etc) but not enough to come up the pipe so it should be getting max cooling. And another thing is when you are toking we notice that sometimes about 1/4 or so of the weed is still green at the bottom, so its not obviously not getting flame down there. I have tried packing big bowls and smaller ones, but it is always harsh. The last toke is exceptionally harsh.

I feel like shit since I am always making up excuses with why it is harsh and you begin to dread having another bowl. It's a great looking piece, just sucks to smoke from :(.

Any ideas?

2. you need a bigger pipe, give the smoke more time to cool before you inhale it.

what i'd do in your situation is just smoke enough to get baked in a few hits, so you don't take like 6 hits each of them harsher than the last.

3. If you're used to smoking out of a large bong, yeah, smaller pieces can be harsh. I own all different sizes, 1ft,1'4",2ft, 2'6", 5"... And I have a glass spoon. Listen, clearing a 2ft bong is easy, it's cool from the water, and cools during it's travel up the tube. In smaller pieces, even ones with water, the smoke wont be as cool, because it doesn't travel through a long tube. The only water piece that wont be harsh is a small mini bong with a fuel tube to smoke through.

I don't think there's anything you can do to make your bubbler more smooth. I'd buy it from you if I had money though. :smoking:

4. I am used to smoking out of a 14 or so cm water bottle bong with a 15mm bowl, and that's easy, yet this piece is so harsh ><

Thanks for the advice though and offer haha.

5. Thanks, that sounds like a good idea, I'll try it next time. :hello:

6. Hey, i forgot to mention, use ice cold water in your piece to further cool the smoke, or put the piece(without water in it, because water expands when frozen and will break the piece) in the freezer for a little while.

7. The only solution I can think of is SMOKE MORE DOPE!!!!! lol

After you've been tokin for a while you'll find that you can hit almost anything and it won't phase you a bit. Besides, it is a new piece, thus still very clean and fresh. Give it some time to let the resin build up inside of it and eventually not so much smoke will come rushing to your lungs at once. So just stay high, and fight the pain.:smoking:

8. Try refrigerating your water (I have a Brita pitcher I keep just for filling glass). I also use a different method when I smoke from spoons and bubblers... inhale with your finger on the carb until you think it's about to get uncomfortable, then back off and let the smoke sit in your mouth, then unplug the carb and clear the piece and your mouth. That will let the smoke cool and give you pretty smooth hits, that way you don't have to skip the next pass. Also packing a tighter bowl might help since there will be less oxygen available to the weed and it will burn cooler.