HELP!!??? Why are my leaves dead and yellowing??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by xfrank91, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Second grow here, and she is in her 3rd week of flowering. I feed every other water. She's in FFOF soil. I just checked on her today and noticed this. Why are her leaves dead and yellowing? What causes this and can I fix it? I don't want to lose this plant.

Attached Files:

2. I am a new grower myself, but as far as I know, a lot of plants leaves turn yellow when flowering. Yours is flowering so maybe that is the case. Anyway, I would suggest you wait for some experienced grower to answer this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Since ur using nutrient based soil, I can only assume that this is less likely nutrient related. These symptoms I'm seeing are common with overly high RH, over watering (rigid and bumpy textured leaves that droop) and Ph lockouts (twists and discolouration - lockout). You should check ur PH tool and make sure it's accurate (buy Shop/Store water and check its PH measures up as what's on the label). Also check ur temps and RH levels.. if these are within 40-60Rh and 21-27c range then it's more likely a PH problem or your soil is weak! Yellowing shouldn't happen in the 3rd week.. it usually begins in the 6th or so when Nitrogen is limited and plant focuses primarily on bud development. Your plant is showing signs of Cal-mag deficiency and nitrogen.. perhaps even Phosphorous at a glance.. try adding full dose of cal-mag in ur next nutrient feed and PH at 6.4-6.6 and if you're not using bacteria/fungi (michorizha etc) then add 10ml of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide per litre and some sea weed extract to the feed. Hopefully that should help!?

P.s. It may also be possible that she is root bound which causes stretching and regular drooping sometimes daily!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thank you so much man, I appreciate the thought out response. I'm going to use a bigger bucket next time and I need to create an exhaust in my closet. I just don't even know where to start.

5. If I was you.. I'd pluck off all those useless droopy lower and middle leaves and also inner leaves covering buds.. open up the canopy for better light penetration.. bend them tops out wider. The more leaf structure you have, the more taxing a plant is on nutrients and the roots; causing deficiencies to arise. Make sure you Up your Nitrogen and cal-mag dose..

• Like Like x 1
  6. The General rule of thumb is 1 ounce = 1 Gallon on average give or take. 3-5 gallon pots on a 6+ week veg plant are ok for 4+ plants in a 4x4 and will suffice for flower with no problem. If you want better healthier roots use perlite always and Rhizo/smart grow bags as they prevent root bound and provide good air flow for roots but tricky to water due to side leakage. Regardless.. just a couple little 8" bathroom venting fan blowing out a ducting or vent hole will do if you have cool environment. 2 fans should be fine.. one for circulation one for exhaust. If you have limited space u can use smart pots as they are smaller than solid pots but hold more soil/compost or whatever medium.