Help what's the best way to accelerate root devlopment on clones??

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by DrGr33nThumb215, Feb 20, 2010.

1. So basically I cut 23 clones last friday night so they are about a week old the strains are kushberry and white widow I have them in a 10x24 inch clone dome I soaked rockwool in botanicare liquid karma and then used power plant cloning gel about I am about a week in and I haven't seen any roots what can I do to help the plant I have been foilar feeding with water twice a day and just started feeding with dutchmaster gold part a&b at 2 ml per a liter I changed out the tray yesterday so more air can get to the roots

2. you don't need any nutes with clones, just water

3. build yourself a rumple clone bucket n your worries are over.

4. Clones can take up to 3 weeks to root, it's normal to take more than 2 weeks to get clones to root.

There's only so much you can do to facilitate the process before you start working against yourself. All I ever did in the past was cut a clone, dip it in rooting gel hormone and pop it in a plug and put it under a humi dome til it rooted. This grow cycle is the first time I've ever used a cloning machine. I only built it because I had all of the materials just lying around that are in the DIY cloner tutorial that Rumple put up a little while back

Guy at the hydro store told me years ago that rooting gel offers almost 100% success rate. I've learned since then that the cloners you can buy or make yourself offer the same success rate with just plain water, no hormones or anything else.

5. Clone-x is the one, snipped at 45 degrees, a good dip in the clone-x then into a water soaked (ph adjusted to 5.8) rockwool cube. Use a propogator, cheap from garden centre, and mist twice a day. Works everytime.

If you have cold temps a heating mat from a pet shop under the propogator will speed things up. :smoking:

6. #6 DrGr33nThumb215, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
    So i would consider my 1st batch of white widow and kushberry 100% succesful, i cut 23 clones last Saturday, and i used Power Plant Cloning Gel & Presoaked the rockwool in Liquid Karma Solution for about 2hrs and then cut the clones with a brand new razor blade that i cleaned with rubbing alchol so it was steril then cut the clones from the lower 1/3 of the plant then placed directly in water and then cut a 45 degree under water and then dipped in power plant rooting gel and i had giant roots in 10 days check out the pics i just transplanted to 4 inch rockwool cubes and plan on vegging under my T12's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. looks good bro, I did come across an awesome product thats has great results! Its called hygrozyme! check it out, for incredible root growth. like plant roids

8. good job with the clones I have cloned in rookwool for years however I do have a bucket cloner much like the one JIGGABOOJONES mentioned and it is cheaper, faster, and easier.

1 add water (no nutes)
    2 add clones
    3 turn it on
    4 take em out 5-7 days

I built one with a roughneck tote for about 50 bucks that does 30 at a time and I think I could get more in If I wanted to. with a few good moms I could easily make 200 cuts a month or I could just do ten at a time or even one. those buckets also save space, hell I dont put a humidity dome on mine and rarely mist it, but it still keeps rockin at 100% I hardly remember the last time I lost a cut(clone) I dont even consider the mortality rate any more, there just isnt one, I am doing a breeding right now with an areo unit that has 4in rookwool cubes in it. you may want to check it out areo and rockwool were made for each other.

http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/543932-g45-seed-grow-2010-a.html

any way ya done a fine job this is just a way to save some ETS's GOOD GROWIN BRO!!

9. get an aeroponics propogator

use superthrive

use root gel hormone

thats really it to get the fastest clone

10. Roots like that after only 10 days!!!??1! Hell, I think you got a pretty flippin' good lock on how to do it! Check out the grow in my sig, I had like 20% the kinda roots you got and after 2 extra days.

The difference, though, is that (aside from building an aero bucket cloner) I didn't do anything except snip clones and put 'em in the bucket with plain water but you seemed to go through an awful lot of effort to get your results. If you don't mind doing that then cool, you have a winning formula that can't be beat. I'm a lazy fuck lol and I'd rather use plain water and get results a few days later. However, I am, indeed, jealous of your beautiful, green, rooteous clones you got there and I wish I had a little more motivation make the same efforts to get mine looking that good. :D

11. DrGr33nThumb215,

was the rockwool completely saturated ( wet ) when you put the clones in there, or did you squeeze them first? Was there much spacing around the stem, or was it snug? Also, how many inches into the rockwool did you place the cuttings. Thank you.

12. I put my clone dome under a LED light last monday after normally being under T-5, the 2 weeker clones had no roots showing and the 3 weekers had some showing through, after 3 days the 2 weekers had more roots showing than the 3 weekers.
    Its probably nothing, LED's are useless :) , Just FYI.
    Nice job by the way, I've tried clone bucket type cloners and they worked o.k., but they never performed better than a dome & rock wool, so for me-why do it then.
    I use 3x3 cubes and stick 9 or 10 cuttings in, I use a chop stick to poke holes with and make sure it is a loose fit and slit the cutting & cut it at a 45^ applying the size of a q-tip head of Rootex clone gel on the end.
    I soak the cube in R/O H20 for 1/2 hour and flush it with some R/O H20 and then poke holes and stab'em in, drain & water everyday with R/O H20 @ 6.0/ph.
    S.S.

13. rockwool was soaked in tray with one gallon of tap water with 15ml of liquid karma ph at 5.5 I then let them sit for 30 minutes drained excess water then instead of using the holes that come in the rockwool I flip them over and poke them into the rockwool and they are pretty snug as the hole is specific to the branch size as I use the branch to poke the hole and I place them about a half inch down

14. hehe, 'speed bake' (on the oven in pics).

15. Nice clone job.. To help get your clones to grow and root faster. I would add some nutes.. or atleast a root stimulant (Not the normal nutes for veg/bud)
    They sell Nutes for roots and cuttings, Actually. I cut roughly 40 clones and within a week they started rooting 1.5 weeks there already growing again.

The clones wont be able to take up Nutes untill the roots are there. But as soon as they are.. you should see a big difference >:)

ImO any how..
    :smoke:

16. I transplanted to 4 inch rockwool and the rockwool was soaked in Dutch masters gold part a & b with a small dose of liquid karma I transplanted last thrusday and all my cuttings were 3-5 inch now they are about a foot tall just really talking off my flower room has a 1000 hps and i started moving the newly transplanted clones into flower room when the hps is on so they can soak up some extra lumens and they loving it I will post pics tonight