Help ! What is this ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 3mangman, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Please help it’s getting worse and worse by the day. I don’t know what this could be . I am checking my ph keeping it as close to 6.5 as possible and growing in soil using 1ml to a gallon of dyna gro- foliage pro for veg. What you guys think ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Is your PH pen good? Is it calebrated and clean? Cheap PH pens do not work in my experience. What is the PH on the runoff?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Can we get a close up of a leaf? Zooming it it looks like there might be some little white spots
    IMG_6153.PNG
    And ya what's your runoff pH? Are you pH-ing after adding nutes?

Looks like it's only on the newer growth? Always helps me diagnose: Plant Doctor - Diagnose Your Plants! | Grow Weed Easy

4. Yes I had a spider might infection but I recently killed them with some nuke em . And yes I check ph AFTER adding nutes !

• Like Like x 1
  5. I use the liquid ph tester and honestly I haven’t checked my run off but give me a min and I will

• Like Like x 1
  6. Could the 'nuke em' do this kind of damage? What about some sort of root disease? Following since I would like to know as well...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  7. That’s a good question. I really hope not ! I sprayed them over a week ago and this just started to show about 2-3 days ago .

8. By the way I use double that amount of Dyna Gro Foliage Pro, once a week, and they are bushy as a mop. Yours also look they are stretching for the light. Have you considered topping and then moving the light closer?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah I’m going to top them . I just got worried because of the problem I’m having so I didn’t want to add more stress . And my lights were closer more like 4-5 inches away I just raised them yesterday just Incase that could’ve been a problem .

10. If the light being too close was a problem I wouldn't expect to see it appearing down low like that. You should put a hygrometer that measures min/max temps and RH, near the top of your room to make sure of these important parameters and to avoid having to guess. Sometimes it can fluctuate so it's also important to have the min/max readings.

By the way they can take a great deal of short term stress at their current stage without much adverse effects other than slowing down. The real problems that have difficult long term lasting effects are pests and rotting and viruses, so it's good you're on top of this. Flowering is a different story, so just sort everything out before then.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wow I just went and checked my Run off. I took some water from the drainage out the tray and tested it , it came back a blue color which indicates it’s 8.0 or higher ! Do you think that could be the problem ? What should I do to
    Lower it ?

12. I have a hygrometer , my humidity stay between 40-50%. And temps are 72-80 degrees .

• Like Like x 1
  13. how long ago did that water run out of the bottom? I'm not sure how much it would change if it were sitting there for a while, compared to if you collected the first part of the runoff right after watering. 8 is pretty high though

14. I'd wait for the experts to weigh in before doing anything, but my guess for how to correct the pH would be to flush by gently watering with 5-10 gallons of plain pH'd water. But this may also be indicative of some greater problem going on in the root zone that has been accompanied by your mites.

15. #17 Sanez, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    By the way, try to avoid having her sit in a drainage tray of water for longer than an hour. One reason is it prevents oxygen from getting to the roots. Air flow to the roots is key for cannabis. People use smart/fabric pots or drill holes in the sides of their containers for this reason. Another reason is the plant will suck up this run-off and its excess salts.

16. How close is your fan and is it on a high setting- stupid question but the patterning on those leafs are consistent so I’m thinking it is an environmental problemo.

• Like Like x 1
  17. If the pH really is way off then your plant is getting locked out and not able to absorb (for lack of a better word) all the nutrients it needs. I would start there

• Like Like x 1
  18. Could it be Pesticide Damage? On some of the leaves the “burn” starts half way down the leaf. It is all new growth too.

• Like Like x 2