HELP! What is my plant telling me when it looks like...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by IFell4Farming, Nov 23, 2010.

1. #1 IFell4Farming, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
    This is my third veg. I use a strong dose of Earth Juice Grow every other time I water. I doubt I'm overwatering. ONLY the newest leaves at the top curl down suspiciously. Nutrient deficiency? Overcaring? Too close to the lights? Please help me!

Thanks a bunch guys and gals.

Attached Files:

2. heat stress? check ph. maybe under-watering?

3. try giving it a medium sized doseage of nutes once a week and see if that helps.

4. #4 PaulMitchle, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
    Doesnt look like a PH problem or you would see burn spots.

If your plant isnt growing like as fast as it used to it could be a potassium problem but i doubt it.(my opinion)

Doesnt look like a nitrogen problem because your older leaves dont seem to be affected as much as the newer ones

Its not sulfur cause your older leaves would start showing symptoms first.

My conclusionL
    looks to me the leaves are curling downwards, high possibility your either over watering them or over nutrition-ing them.

Think about it, when humidity is high and its about to rain, the leaves on the trees turn upward waiting to accept water from the sky. I would postulate the same vice-versa.
    But i would say its either a 50%/50% chance your over watering or over nutrition.

If i were you i would read over the Essential nutrients FAQ Sticky if your worried about nute burn. Good luck i wish the best for you!

5. Thanks everyone for replying. I'm pretty damn sure I'm not overwatering so I'll try taking it easy on the nutrients and see what happens.

6. newer leaves curling away is sometimes the first warning of over-nutes, so I think that feeding her less would be a good starting point.

7. Thanks DownShift. I have 3 Jedi plants and 3 Purple Candy. All 6 have had the same feedings. Only the Jedi have done this, but all strains react differently to nutrients, right?

P.S. Nice Thomas Jefferson quote. I feel that.

8. Possibly rootbound. How big is the pot?

9. 3 Gallon. Wouldn't all the leaves look like that though if it were root bound?

10. OK, so I just watered all my babies last night with no food. Checked for any changes this morning and they look exactly the same

One thing I remembered that MAY be the problem... I fed these plants Bush Master once a couple weeks back because I thought it would make them more dense, but then I read on the label that "most people apply this in the beginning of their bloom cycle" and refrained from using it since. Could I have fucked my plants with that stuff?
    :confused:

11. I'll bet that the Jedi are Sat dominate. That is a classic sign of over nuting and Sativas don't need much.

How often do you water? In 3 gal, it shouldn't be more than every 4 or 5 days.

Wet

12. Oh for sure. The jedi are sativa's. Do you know why sativas don't need much? Because there's less plant matter (less dense) to feed?

I water about every 3 days. Hehe. Guess I may be overdoing it a little.

13. Maybe time to flush and go back with milder nutes..................
    peace B

14. LOL omg.... and he starts off saying 'think about it'... I wouldn't take any advice from this dude.... because, well, think about it...

-Loki