Help! What do I do! (Or not do)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by RichardBause, Jun 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. So this is my 2nd attempt at a grow and I can't let these babies die! I'm using mg organic soil so I already know out of the gate that would give problems but I'm stubborn (and had a whole bag of the sh@!)
    They're in a 2-2.5 gal pot with well drainage.
    I have 400 w lighting with in and out exhausts.
    My stems were reddish purple since birth but tried not to worry. Since then it's had slow growth and I'm worried to do any thing without help. Now the leaves are getting spotty, they're curling and behaving odd but it still grows and is producing more nodes every few days.
    I know it should be growing faster as this is around a month into my grow. Posted are pictures to help. Just looking for advice as to what my problem is and the safest way of treatment without killing my baby

Attached Files:

2. Looks like phosphorous def from red stems, the dead patches on the lower leaves and the spots on the other leaves which look like they'll form into something similar. They also look very vivid too, like fluorescent lol so some kind of nitrogen issue to or is this what happens with miracle-gro?

Might need to adjust soil PH with a flush.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I was thinking of giving it a flush. But what nutes should I add back after?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Have you got any nutes? I'd just add the base feed of whatever you're using at quarter strength. Just that if there are nutrients still in the mg soil you have, the plant will be able to use them when the PH is in the correct range.

So I would also look out for nute burn when starting to feed again because I wouldn't know how it'll mix with what might still be in the soil, but those plants do look bright and lacking nitro.

5. for sure- miracle grow is a bitch especially if it's slow realse over 3months like most types are- anyhow if you been watering/plant over a month old then def try son N-P-K at 4-6-1 of 6-8-3 something like that- I use fox farm soil trio and works fine also add advanced nutes big bud/bud candy wks 2-6 of flower but that's down the road for ya. Epson salt and UNSULPHURED black strap molasses are great sources of magnesium and cheap- crushed/powdered in a blender egg shells can be your calcium source so that covers cal mag nutrition - I just got advanced nutes Cali magic cal/mag sensi bloom at 4-0-0 and has IRON (Fe) which is an often overlooked micro nutrient.

• Like Like x 1
  6. This is my biggest auto that is 22 days old and has been a fast grower from the start- the other auto AK-47 (both larger autos are ask-47) and purple kush at day 16 & pure kush day 15- yes broke a lateral branch off Ak by accident and topped the other even though with autos you gotta be careful- I'm implementing some LST to make branches and buds grow the way I want

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sorry other plant is random mids bag seed that is looking dank at wk 5 of flower

8. Def wanna add some Nitrogen and Phsphorous as well as cal/mag - feed in SMALL DOSES!!!! This is crucial bc you want the plant to get used to the nutrients and if the plant don't like them it won't be game over- burned up plant...then you can keep feeding once a wk or every other watering however you chose to feed. Increase the strength gradually over time...within a month you be feeding good strength..I never go as high as the bottles/mfg say- if it's a 4tbs max feed- I go 2- maybe 3tbs for "heavy feeding" I like a lot of phosphorous during wks 3-7 of flower bc it helps the buds/fruits pack on weight more then K- POTASH is good for finishing and just basic all around health for your flowers. Correct me if I'm wrong - I just read that with N-P-K the N keeps it green and healthy vigiorous growth- P helps with flower production as well as K and any sugars/carbs- like big bud/bud candy -can be replicated with simple sugars and molasses but having those those nutes on hand can make a nice difference in flavor and smell. And only use BIG BUD &BUD CANDY at 3-5mil to the gallon wks 3-6/7 so a little bottle can do about 4 plants-

• Like Like x 1
  9. Do you ph your water, wrong ph will cause lockouts and slow growth because the plant can't take what it needs

10. I'll do it today and see what happens to
    yes but I really just started understanding how to control ph correctly so I haven't been doing that until now.

11. So I flushed them with phd water. Added the nutrients recommended in low dosage. They already seemed to perk up and the red is fading away! Also the stem is turning a more natural color. It's only been a day but I'll post any changes and growth after a week.

12. they look amazing. You really know what you're doing

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks it only took me a year of study books/films/ anything horticulture related I could get my hands on- HAVING A BASIC UNDERSTANDING of all plant life will help emensly- yes Cannabis has its particular needs like ph 6.8-6.5 but other plants like acidic/or more neutral soil etc. THE MORE YOU KNOW-PSA LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Small plant small harvest but I'll take an oz every day if I could- check the Ak-47 auto- it's getting thick stalk and I pinned the branches down so they get thick and once long enough I just let them grow straight up- sometimes when leaf tucking don't work I'll just cut off or trim down the blades on fan leaves so light penetrates and laterals grow long but the nodes stay close so buds link up into cola- when the plant has to FIGHT for light that's when she STRETCHES and you get a bud say every inch or 2!!! Instead of every 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch on branches which is what you want- the closer the nodes (bud sites) the more compact and solid one (looks like one) but it's 6-8 buds all comprised to make that big cola. Once dry you cut down to size so maybe if cola is 8 buds you cut into 4-5 with the top tip like triangle being 2-3 grams. ALWAYS NICE!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Check what I just did to my auto flowers- not supposed to TOP Or stress bc they flower so fast- this as is 23 days from seed- just took fan leaves off and and chopped all undergrowth (anything close to soil) in hopes that energy will not be wasted growing branches/leaves I don't need- not worth shit once you've grown a few plants you will understand- helps with overall plant health and diesases can start from leaves in the mud/soil- anyhow I did TOP the smaller Ak-47 and just broke a second branch on big Ak but used tin strip of duck tape (all I had) and it's FINE- the other branch broke in two and that's where I call it- "TIME OF DEATH!" LOL! Don't cry- just don't DO IT AGAIN- so I was calm and cool once I heard snap and had tape and fixed- basically super cropped a tiny lateral. Anyhow purple kush is the smallest at 16 days old and other as is 17 days- the 23-24 day old just had the super growth hormone I guess- just fed for first time with one gallon h20 at 6.8-6.5 whatever and used 2 caps of fox farm liquid plant food 0.3-0.2-0.5- something like that- BASIC BAT GUAND AND SEA KELP- not hot NITROGEN- and 2mil of cal/mag sensi whatever by advanced nutes bc my branches should not be this brittle- cal/mag with IRON (Fe) will help strengthen the bones (calcium males stalk strong likes it makes our bones hard/denser- the iron and mag are just added bonuses. Keep me posted and I'll help you everyday!!! Nice 7 finger AK-47 fem/auto fan leaf- a litte jagged and almost curled up but not a nute- or water issue- just its nature- every plant had feeder leaves and one finger and 3 finger razor leaves with side shoots(lateral branches) just pinched them right off bc I'd rather re route the energy to the top portion of plant- you can see PISTOLS on Ak already! FIRST EVER AUTOS

Attached Files:

16. Think you should invest in some diffrent soil try fox farms ocean forest add some worm castings kelp meal and tomato tone, Here is a couple of plants of mine that are 1 month old from seed being grown under 400w HPS. IMG_1652.JPG IMG_1653.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. Most definitely I have some now but I want to finish out this grow