Help weird symptoms after smoking

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by ben-dover, Sep 11, 2019.

1. to get started I am a long time pot smoker I am currently 21 y/o and have been smoking since I was 14/15. my buddy sold me the dispensary weed that was much stronger than what I am used to. I smoked half a blunts worth and was with people who had smoked the same stuff earlier that day (Saturday) and they were fine and enjoying themselves. as the high set in I started to get a really high heart rate which has happened before so no big deal but It kept rising and rising to the point where im breathing like I just ran sprints. still not majorly concerned at that point thinking im just having a anxiety attack which happens to a lot of people when they smoke more than they are used to or smoke stuff stronger than normal but it continued from there. I felt like my throat was closing which I think was in my high but heres where I got freaked out. I could feel the blood being drained from both my arms and felt like it was all in my chest and noticed that there was a lot of blood pooling in my legs and they were visiably red but that's not the freakiest part. I started losing feeling in parts of my face and for probably under an hour lost almost all movement of half my mouth (was trying to smile but only one half would move normally) and I was convinced I was having a stroke but my roommates convinced me that it was just me geeking on a high dose. so then I go lay in bed, my heart still racing and starts to give me chest pains. slowly but surely my heart rate starts going down and I have a restless night of sleep. wake up sunday morning and part of my face and body (mainly my left arm and both legs) don't feel entirely numb but there is definetly a suppression of feeling, im light headed and don't feel as on point as I normally do. I ran to the mirror to look and see if there was any sagging of my face but theres nothing, no physical signs that somethings wrong other then the part of my face that I cant feel as well being slightly swollen but you cant even tell by looking its something you just have to feel. I think "ok im just stoned from last night still" and just take it easy all day and don't do much. wake up Monday morning and same weird feeling. I went to class and felt odd all class and noticed on the walk back to my car that I was considerably out of breath and my arm felt like it wsa twitching. I have never had any bad health issues and have been lean and athletic my whole life so im getting really concerned. go to a walk in clinic right after class and describe my symptoms to the doctor and he tells me he doesn't think its a stroke because physically im all there and he thinks that what happened is that I had an extreme panic attack and with that high of a thc dose that its my body trying to breakdown the thc and trying to recover from the attack at the same time but he ran no real tests, just took vitals and we had a sit-down chat. when he said it it made sense to me and the doctor works in a college town and just seemed like he knew his way around some drugs and was mainly questioning me when the last time I did coke was which was more than half a year ago. he tells me to stay off the smoking and don't drink for as long as symptoms stay and said that if things don't go back to normal or atleast get some what better to go seek further care at an ER or something along those lines where they can do in depth tests. I feel good about the situation when leaving and have been hydrating really hard since Saturday so I started to think that since the doctor was pretty immediate in his response that everything is gonna clear up by the next day. that brings us to tonight, all today I feel the same is not stranger and notice weird flutters in my chest. they are not painful and don't last long but just super weird and uncomfortable. no one I have talked to has ever had something like this happen to them so it leaves me really concerened. if I don't feel better tomorrow im going to have to go to the ER but what could be wrong with me? did I maybe have a TIA? Is this a heart issue? has anyone had something similar? I just find it really odd at this point, 3 - 4 days after the smoke that I would have feelings from an anxiety attack. If anyone has any feed back about what may be happening please respond but I do not want to hear the "its all in your head dude relax" bullshit. I know my body and have never been an anxious person or one to overexaggerate. Please leave your thoughts please.
    Thanks

2. Extreme and I mean extreme anxiety and panic attacks could cause your heart to so say flutter, forget what a doc would call it but it has a name. Can also cause numbness and tingling anywhere on the body that could last days or longer. I know this due to it happening to me years ago, swore I was having a heart attack. All the tests they did came back normal. Ended up on meds that I didnt like to take so I stopped and did years of studying on what was going on with me, the more I learned the less panic attacks I had until they just stopped. Now years later o will have them again after smoking a good sativa, when it happens I just eat a few CBD gummies and wait, goes away within a hour or two. Probably not much help but wanted you to know it happens to a lot more people than you think. CBD is anyone's friend when you know your too high for your liking.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You had a panic attack. Too much of anything can be a bad thing.

4. T
    Thanks for the response that puts me a little more at ease. I think after talking to my dad that im really dehydrated and just recovering from the panic attack at the same time and it just seems to be the perfect storm of shit to get me feeling this way.