HELP!!! Urgent odor prob

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Blimmer, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Hi all my carbon filter stopped working abruptly humidity etc are all fine im sure its just failed, and well.... one of my plants absolutely wreaks I ve chopped her down and have the buds in a paper bag, im wondering if I could put them in an air tight container for a couple of days until my replacement turns up. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated im starting to get stressed out :(

2. Would freezing be an option? And I would make bubblehash with it at a later date?

3. go and get some aquarium activated carbon. drill a 3/8-1/2 inch hole in the filter and empty out the old carbon and fill it with the new carbon,tape/hot glue or use a rubber plug to plug the hole and voila' new filter for cheap. worked for me.

4. Great idea to replace the carbon....only use carbon from a hydro store...its better

Have you tried to wash the carbon filter? Might work, I'd wait on a second opinion on that

5. Freeze that fresh plant matter and make some awesome QWISO or ice shash!
    Thanks for making this thread BTW. I had no idea that a carbon filter could fail so suddenly.

6. Thanks for the replys guys, I have a mountain air filter which is not refillable... suppost to last 2 years try 2 months. From now on I will always have a backup. Does any one have any more info on freezing... will it stink out my kitchen or will the smell subside once it freezes? I wont try to defrost it or anything like that im actually desperate now as there is something wrong with the plumbing literally just happened so im gonna have to call out a plumber and the house stinks.... seriously you couldn't write this shit... i am not having a fun time

7. Plumbing problem is fixed thank god, my house mate left the tap on in his room for god knows how long and the pipes were giving off almighty screams I was worried the neighbors were gonna complain... phew 1 problem down

8. Carbon filter is fixed a tare developed inside my acoustic ducting it looked fine attached but it wasnt till i took it apart and saw inside, I feel like a bit of an idiot 2 major problems that actually were not that major.

Thanks again guys