Help! Tried Rooting my phone and now it's broken!

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Tripple A, Mar 7, 2011.

1. So i tried rooting my droid eris today and got to recovery mode where you pick your rom and yada yada ya. So I flashed from a rom, and now it's stuck in boot image. It has an difference android logo that is flashing. I tried recovering my phone to default and it won't work.

Fuck I'll be so pissed if I broke my phone. If anyone has any experience with android please help :eek:

I can still go into recovery mode after I take out my battery.

2. Yeeeah, I did that to my Ally too, totally hosed it to where I couldn't even get into recovery. Some guy at androidforums.com IRC helped me get into stock recovery mode and I was able to reflash it by applying the right firmware image. Can't offer exact advice, since I've only ever worked with my own Ally, but maybe this will work for you too.

Could be that your partition sizes were different. Did you clear your data & cache partitions yet? Are you using fastboot to push a firmware to the phone, or are you flashing from SD using the recovery on the phone?

Rooting is generally pretty straightforward with most phones... install the app, click app, click 'root'. Seems that once a phone is a few months old, someone's made a one-click "root" app for it. Otherwise you'd just have to flash a custom recovery from the Android bootloader, then use that custom recovery to inject the "su" app to the system partition. At least that's how it is with my Ally...