HELP! Topped plant with drill bit while trying to LST!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by can-a-bliss, Apr 3, 2009.

1. #1 can-a-bliss, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
    I seem to be the most accident prone person here and know that it should heal itself but wanted to make sure. I was using twine thread to do LST and as I was trying to drill a hole into the pot to tie another rope, the twine from the previous rope caught the drill bit head and ripped the plant in half at its 4th internode. I grabbed my scissors and made it a clean cut so as if it was like I had topped the plant, however what I’m worried about is the main stem that has a hole you can see down into plant! Will this heal itself and keep growing or will the light entering that hole fuck up the entire plant. I just found out the plant is female and I am worried about stress. I am 1 ½ week into flowering. I wish I took a picture, but forgot my camera on my long journey. When the drill bit severed the plant in half the part that fell off had 3 internodes along with the apical meristem growth shoot.

2. when i was doing LST on my plant i broke off the top 1/4th of the plant. that was about two weeks before flowering but shes budding very nicely now and doing just fine.I think youll be ok but it is possibble for your plant to stress and hermi.

3. Let me make sure I am understanding. After the accident, you topped the plant above the 4th node, and the stem at the cut is hollow and you're worried that light is going to get into the hollow stem and hurt it? If this is what you mean, you're fine. The stem will heal shut in a matter of days. Sorry to hear about your problem. I would use the severed top of the plant for clones and put them under your flowering light as soon as possible to make up for loss of yield with your current plant.

4. Thanks for the help. Yea it was a pretty big hole, basically cut the plant in half. I was thinking about trying to take clones however I dont currently have a veg room set up. Boy it hurts when you make mistakes like that, i should have cut that excess twine but w/e, this is some decent bagseed stuff, got my LSD and K-Train in the pipeline. so far I identified 2/3 fem today, out those 2 I hattori chopped one in half but w/e, shit happens. All I wanted to really do was do a nice LST around the whole potter but didn't work out for that lady which I initially thought was a male because it was my strongest and fastest grower.