Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help? Toking Sudden bad reactions to herb. many different strains (not a new toker)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Planet0Jumper, Aug 21, 2012.

1. So ive been smoking for years now. even when i initially started toking i never got paranoid or negative reactions. I mean sometimes you get that "Damn im too high" but nothing very unpleasant.

About the beginning of this year, i found that as soon as i smoked and began to get high, my throat would tighten up. i would feel like there's a rock in there. i feel like im breathing through a straw and my breathing becomes difficult. almost like im having an anxiety attack? EVERYTIME. but i love mary, so i thought if i kept toking it would pass.

it didnt work.

thought if i smoked using a differnt method (i usually smoke from 1-2 litter gbs or waterfalls,bongs) it would be better. like smoking out of a small bowl.

didnt work

then i took baby hits from my one hitter.

didnt work.

No matter how little i smoke i feel so terrible. i feel like i've smoked a ton, my limbs go numb, on one occasion ive slightly hallucinated. And im almost definite its not the bud. because ive got from different people, from different cities.

Im so in love with mary, herb is such a huge part of my life. its medicine for life struggles but im at a loss. ive taken a short break which is killing me. im unsure of where to go from here. fellow herb lover, please help a sister out with some possible ideas. lifes been a drag without herb

*also im sure i have some anxiety, i know weed actually helps with that but ive heard if you have extreme cases weed is actually counter productive?

onelove~

2. Idk what to suggest, try taking a T-break?

3. i am on one right now. have no choice. because every time i get high its an uncontrollable anxiety attack. this is like the worst thing that i think could possible happen in my life

4. Here buddy, let me give you a "pure experience" to your problem.

I've been smoking for about 6-7 years now, last year I started having these "problems" when I would get overly high the more I smoked the more I realized my "paranoia," seemed to get so much worse. I looked up some symptoms and what I was having was known as a "panic attack," when I would feel what symptoms you're having my body would start the anxiety "pains," and my mind would overthink shit, and OFF in to "weed hell," i would plunge, i tried everything SMALL hits out of a joint EVERYTHING would scare me.

And after 6 months of these pain. I took a break for 2-3 months, got myself a job, and started taking Xanax .5-1mg a day (not saying you should) and after about 2-3 months of doing all these things I smoked weed again and it.. it was amazing, and ever since then I stopped taking the Benzo and have been smoking weed daily. Learn to balance your weed consumption. And realize, you aren't dying, you CAN'T die from weed.

Smoke on sister.:smoke:

5. ^Definitely not the worst thing that could happen in your life by any means. Yes, if you have anxiety, in some cases bud can make things worse.....anything that raises your heart rate can make things worse. You need to take a break and think about all the good times you had smoking instead of going into it thinking about how bad it has been making you feel. All it takes is one bad experience for someone suffering from anxiety to make them freak out about it a bit. It sounds to me like what you are experiencing is a mild panic attack.

6. But when you have a severe (heart attack feeling) panic attacks like I got when I smoked weed, was the most unpleasant feeling a human being could possibly have.
    But I do agree with you.
    :smoke:

7. Sounds like you might have asthma,
    You should get it checked out.
    Happy tokin :smoke:

8. Have you tried vaporizing ? That's what I would do first.

9. That sounds terrible, im sorry to hear that. :( Honestly I think it's all a mental thing. It's obviously scaring you, and every time you smoke you think about it happening and it does, which causes you to have a bad experience. And when you smoke again you think about that bad experience and how it could happen again and it does. Just relax, tell yourself you're going to be fine, and you will.

10. This has happened to me. Anxiety lasted for a week, then went away. Every time smoke after that, I have a bad reaction, and the periods of anxiety get longer and longer :(

Probably mental, but it freakin sucks!

11. Thanks guys for all the advice. I do believe a portion of it is all in my mind. And everytime i toke its a mind over matter game. If i allow my nervs to take over i will have a panic attack, if not im fine the whole time. Took a month break and ive been toking way less in one sitting, but doing it often.

Still though feeling my throat closing up. Even when im not panicky and having a great high. also would have trouble swallowing, even after my high wore off. Not sure if there's something wrong with my throat like a medical problem, or if i have asthma?

12. weed helps asthma, it's a bronchodilator that helps you take more air in, couldn't help getting checked out to see if something medical could be the problem though. Still sounds like anxiety to me, the only choice for anxiety is a longg break anywhere from 2-6 months but believe me it gets a lot easier without budd after 2 weeks and you don't even really think about it after a month

13. hyeah. i really think so too, my sister has asthma and when she has trouble breathing she smokes and it always helps. it looks like its anxiety. Because sometimes ill have a great high, other times not so much. i may try meditating the next time i get a bad high. I underestimated the mind, but my anxiety is looking like the only plausible answer.

14. Phys Ed: Why Exercise Makes You Less Anxious - NYTimes.com

If you're willing to put in the effort this helped me with my anxiety like nothing else, it takes about 6-8 weeks but by the end your anxiety should be gone. Stay away from meds their too addictive and your anxiety comes back 5x worse when you go off them...

The endorphin rush from the exercise helps ward off any cravings and makes you feel a lot better afterwards too.

15. Even more of a reason to be more active man. I used to do a lot and back then I never had anxiety the way i've developed it in the last year. I most definitely will try anything to rekindle that comfort cannabis brought me , thank you all brothers and sisters. Onelove<3

16. Has their been a change in your diet? I know when im dehydrated of have low blood surgar my high seem much less enjoyable.

17. The throat swelling definitely isn't a mind over matter thing. I don't think it's asthma because I have a few smoker buddies who have it and it doesn't effect them when we toke up together. Maybe it's some kind of allergic reaction to the bud? Maybe it's your piece, what are you smoking out of?

18. I smoke using different methods. with blunts or joints my high tends to be better.bowls also,even one hitters, but i still get that feeling in my throat. And the thing is i dont think my throat is actually swelling. it just feels tighter, like breathing is harder and sometimes swallowing is, sometimes it happens, others it doesnt. i used to be able to toke from bongs and 2 litter GB's as much as i pleased for as long as i pleased, Now, i can barely smoke from a one hitter, or socially anymore, everyone just assumes i cant handle my bud, when in reality im getting some freak reaction! i never had this happen even when i started years ago. i love bud so much, ill do anything to figure out how to change this, it got me pretty depressed at first but im being consistent to find an answer. Im hoping someone here would have experienced this or something very similar and have an answer or advice

19. i may start drinking more water, but other than that my diets been the same.

20. Yeah I've had the same problems. Kinda like a bad trip but its weed so what I put it to is anxiety. Good thing I'm prescribed a script of 180 2mg Klonopins :O