Help/tips?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Mountainbuds420, Sep 19, 2017.

1. I have like 8 seeds in germination. Almost a week n nothing so I scored the edge of a few with my blade n shook the other in sandpaper, still nothing. Anyone have any ideas on what to do next if this doesn't work

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. how are you trying to germinate them?

3. Could be old seeds? Are these bag seeds or from a breeder?

4. They are like two years old never froze, it's a strain that a friend has been growing for years he puts a few in the ground ten days later pop here they come. Same soil idk

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. well you said it was not even a week? . id wait, make sure the soil is most and in a warm spot.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Get some mycorrhizal. Soluble. When you germinate spike some in the towel right around the seed. All mine pop in less than 24 hours

7. Also make sure the towel isn't to wet. You want them to reach for water ( That's what makes them germinate)

Edit. If you're germinating in soil. Use a spray bottle to spray every few hours. Spray then let it dry all the way then spray again and repeat. The mycorrhizal will still help if you either put it in the soil before you plant or put it in some water that you use on the plants.

If it's not working in soil, take them out and do the good ol paper towel method. Or get some rapid rooters

8. How deep did you push inso soil?
    Just for future reference i have had 100% success doing this:
    -Fill a coffee mug with water and let it sit till room temp.
    Then place seed in water and cover with tin foil, then place in warm dark area. Leave for 24 hours
    -then dampen a paper towel and place seed in paper towel. Leave for 24 hours.
    -place seed into your soil or medium tap root down.

I always end up with a 1/2 inch tap root this way.

Your friendly neighborhood 187budz

400w hid 5G DWC coco Berry Bomb first indoor grow