Help think i topped plant wrong??!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Four20rastaman, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Idk if you can see it but accidentally cut the whole node off talk about f.i.m lol there about 4 weeks old healthy i cut at the 4th node should i go down one more? Or will it be ok

Attached Files:

2. I mean i cut at 3rd node

3. It'll grow

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ok thank you was freaking out thought i killed it lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shit that will bounce right back I am pretty evil when it comes to my plants and iv never killed one by topping so it will be fine she might go into shock for a few days but then she will be ok.

6. The leaves grew bigger after i topped it if thats a good sign but thanks for the reply

• Like Like x 1
  7. I would be more worried as to why the plant is painfully small for being 4 weeks old then how it was topped.

8. idk, but it looks like you topped it right to me.. a fim, or f#ck i missed, is when you don't take the entire node off, only about 3/4's or so of it, and you leave a bit of green growth above the top..

9. Its not as small as it looks took the pic from a top view for 1 and for 2 because i dont have as much room as u probably do so i have to grow mine a little smaller bud but idk if you looked enough but theres leaves under there to dident get the whole plant in pic

10. yea heres my other one i tried to leave a little but i know my tips are turning yellow and the bottom ones are accidentally forgot to water one day an all kinds of shit went wrong but there back on track now just waiting for thos yellow leaves to fall off or whatever they do

Attached Files:

11. kinda hard to see for my old tired eyes, but that one looks more like a fim job than a straight top.. there's nothing wrong with either way of topping, it's just some people prefer one way over the other.. that, and if you top at a certain node, you can guarantee how many new tops you will get, so for instance, and i'm just making these numbers up as i forget what they really are, if you top at the second node, you'll get two new tops, and if you were to top at the third node, you'd get six new tops, and the fourth you'd end up with 8 new tops.. it's always going to be the same number of tops dependent on where you topped the plant at, vs with a fim, you never really know how many new tops will grow as a result of the fim job..
    if you're interested in knowing the real numbers for what node to top to find out how many tops you'll end up with, i suggest googling uncle ben's topping technique to get 2 or 4 main cola's i believe is the terms that should get you the relevant information.

12. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  13. That's a very good thing shit if my plants get to big in veg I strip the shit out of them looks scary but the bounce back so nicely

• Like Like x 1