HELP!!!!!Thermostat wireing questions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ICKYSHUFFLE, Sep 14, 2008.

1. I was trying to figure out how to wire my thermostat up to my fan and to a power source, and when i connected to the power source my thermostat popped and is shot now.:mad::mad:It was a digital one that I got for free....now I gotta buy another one:rolleyes:Can someone please tell me how to wire this up so I dont blow another thermostat or something worse. I have a blower that has the usual power and ground wires with a 12v wire to activate on and off. can someone tell me how to wire this to a thermostat and how to wire the thermostat to a power source. I am also planning on getting an intake fan soon...possibly a computer fan since I am growing in a old mini fridge. So if you could include that in there too. PLEASE HELP

2. Someone please help or direct me to somewhere helpful.Thank you all:hello:

3. I can hook the red and black wires up to a cut off power cord and the fan comes on I just need to controll it with some type of thermostat....preferrably one that is easy to install PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!I wanna get this grow started

4. thermostats hookupto fans? just find a dimmer switch or somthing..

5. Hmm... I had been looking for something like that. Great link.

6. #7 nugsNbeer, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
    I just installed a $16 non digital Honeywell thermostat in my room.

Rc is power in, and Y is what you should relay to your fan. That should take care of your concerns. I've had our thermostat on for a couple of weeks, and the temp in our room has varied only 3 degrees over that time period.

I'll try to get some picts to help you further

7. Are there a thermostats that I can turn on from my IPhone? Any comments would be very much appreciated! Thanks everyone!