Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HELP, The exact procedure to gaining a CA card & job drug testing.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Mailbox Hunter, Aug 8, 2012.

1. So I've read many upon many of threads, website, and state information. I want an end all, be all answer to this question because everything is so contradictory, its driving me insane and causing so much mental whiplash, I need to smoke right now.

So, I just moved into Cali after years of debating it. Yay me, anyways, I understand you go to a medical doctor and the write you a recommendation for X amount of dollars.

QUESTION 1: Are there doctors / places that are more legitimized than others? Like, if god forbid the cops do stop me, one recommendation will hold up better than another? Any good places the community can recommend in the Inland Empire area?

QUESTION 2: Do you need to bring documentation? All my records are in IL still. I have empty pill bottles for Vicodin, will that suffice?

QUESTION 3: I have my recommendation, great. Do I need to register with the state? Is it better than just having the recommendation? Does doing so add me to some "master list" that can come back to haunt me? Or anything like that.

QUESTION 4: I get a job, great. Like a real job, not some fast food place that doesn't care about drug testing. Like a career. Does having a doctor recommended prescription cover me from drug testing? Does it depend on the place? I'm going to be an Software Engineer. Any advice for that?

Thats all for now I can think of, I'm just tired of running in circles with all of this and getting no where. I would really like someone whose been through the system to answer and couch me, so to speak. Because all of this randomness is driving me insane.

Thanks guys, your the best.

2. QUESTION 5: Do the doctors that write the recommendation also write prescriptions for Marinol? For two or three pills because my 'Vicodin makes me nauseated' and it will help with drug testing?

3. This is the only one I can really help you on man sorry. But, yes you do have to worry about it, you are not allowed to fail for marijuana. Using it as medicine or not, there is no marijuana protection in the workplace.

4. 1. Most recommendationists are good enough to get you the card. The only time you will have difficulties with proving the legitimacy of your conditions is if you decide to renew your card after California has implemented stricter measures, and/or sued recommendationists who were, may we say, too liberal with their recommendations. It's extremely unlikely that state or county officers will inquire as to who recommended you to the medical marijuana program, and even more unlikely that they will prosecute you due to their personal suspicion that said doctor was giving overly liberal recommendations.

2. No, empty bottles with your name on it from another state will not count. You need records to indicate you have a condition which leads to pain, ie) x-rays, surgery records, etc. If you had surgery, the scars are often enough evidence, since they take it on good faith that no one is desperate enough to fake the scars. So if you had knee or hand replacement/reconstruction therapy after a bad incident, showing your scars might work. Also, most doctors have a policy where if you don't qualify, you don't pay them the $80. It's nice.

3. Yes, you need to mail your registration to the address specified on the form. As far as I know, you'll receive your card within 35 days. In some states, they are required to send you a rejection letter within a certain time frame (15, 21, 30 days), and if you receive no rejection letter, your paperwork (recommendation, copy of cashed check, post office receipt, etc) serves as your card until your official card arrives in the mail. Sometimes the cops don't exactly know this, and arrest you anyways. To the best of my knowledge, California is not one such state...so you'll have to wait 35 days for your card to arrive in the mail.
    You are put on a list, but hopefully the government does not use this for nefarious purposes. There are probably thousands of databases with your name on it...but you're just one of 400,000 medical patients in California, why would they want to pay any special attention to little old you?

4. It depends on the place. I know one patient was fired from Wal-mart due to a positive urine test. I also know of a few rare, small software companies which only fire you if you continually show up high, or if your urine tests positive for "harder" drugs, like cocaine, meth, opiates/heroin. They are the exception, where the rule is to fire anyone who tests positive once, a second verification test usually being done the same day. Make sure you read the contract before signing it, because some companies will get your permission to release your DAC report to hireright or usis. Large-scale private companies usually drug test, and government-based companies virtually always drug test. Universities are often too poor to drug test/hire medical review officers, or even to hire interviewers besides the faculty. Small-scale private sector companies sometimes don't care about drug tests if they see you're productive, but that's only sometimes. Good luck, I sadly don't think anyone here can help you land your dream job.

5. Recommendationists usually cannot write marinol prescriptions. You need to see a physician for this. Marinol will explain to your employer why you test positive, and make it into an effective negative, but virtually always, your MRO will add that this nullification comes "with safety concerns". In fact, marinol is less common and less understood than vicodin, and they know it can be abused w/o fatality (THC can't kill you), so in a way, they treat it with greater suspicion than someone with a vicodin prescription. Sorry to say it, but your best bet is to land a job where they don't drug test for THC, or to quit smoking :(.

5. You will also need a Calif DL or State ID card to show proof of residence.

6. [quote name='"Mailbox Hunter"']So I've read many upon many of threads, website, and state information. I want an end all, be all answer to this question because everything is so contradictory, its driving me insane and causing so much mental whiplash, I need to smoke right now.

So, I just moved into Cali after years of debating it. Yay me, anyways, I understand you go to a medical doctor and the write you a recommendation for X amount of dollars.

QUESTION 1: Are there doctors / places that are more legitimized than others? Like, if god forbid the cops do stop me, one recommendation will hold up better than another? Any good places the community can recommend in the Inland Empire area?

QUESTION 2: Do you need to bring documentation? All my records are in IL still. I have empty pill bottles for Vicodin, will that suffice?

QUESTION 3: I have my recommendation, great. Do I need to register with the state? Is it better than just having the recommendation? Does doing so add me to some "master list" that can come back to haunt me? Or anything like that.

QUESTION 4: I get a job, great. Like a real job, not some fast food place that doesn't care about drug testing. Like a career. Does having a doctor recommended prescription cover me from drug testing? Does it depend on the place? I'm going to be an Software Engineer. Any advice for that?

Thats all for now I can think of, I'm just tired of running in circles with all of this and getting no where. I would really like someone whose been through the system to answer and couch me, so to speak. Because all of this randomness is driving me insane.

Thanks guys, your the best.[/quote]

1 not to sure about that. I wouldn't think so.

2 that's all my wife did was bring in a pill
    Bottle of her Meds and that was it. As long is not from like 3 years ago. It's always better to bring every thing u have though.

3 I dont think there is a state registry but there are county ones that give u a Id like a real ca ID. But u guessed it u will be put into the big data bass. Not really needed to registrar

4. No u are not covered with mmj from
    Work drug test. Most of its for insurance those are usualy on a national level and all they have to do is say they are enforcing federal law.