Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help Teaching a newbie how to properly smoke in order to get high the first time

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Repulsion, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Alright so I know literally the majority of people I've spoken to have said they didn't get high the first time, I was hearing this back before I had even smoked for the first time myself. Because of this, I assumed I wouldn't get high the first time, but I got BAKED my first time. Question is, why some people don't get high, whilst others do. I'd assume it has to do with improper inhalation but some people argue they they inhaled properly their first time, just simply did not get high.

Getting to the point, my ex who I happen to be pretty good friends with at the moment finally wants to try weed. This is pretty exciting to me because she used to be totally against trying it (It's not like I ever forced or begged her anyways, I always just made a quick suggestion), but now she actually wants to do this. We're supposed to smoke next week and I want her first time to be awesome. I want her to succesfully get high, but I don't believe she's ever smoked anything before so I fear she might have problems with the inhalation part.

I realize I can try to the best of my abilities to instruct her how to properly inhale, but I'm not sure how far that can go. We'd be smoking out a simple pipe, as my bowl was recently stolen :'( and I've got plenty of bud to last me until then as it currently stands. Any advice for what to tell her to do and how to give her the best experience possible her first time and hopefully get her high? Any suggestions are appreciated!

2. Have some buckys. I think Americans call it gravity bong

3. it's just a brain chemistry thing. Some people THC works right away with their brain, some people it needs some time to figure itself out. 

4. make sure shes inhaling right. tell her take in sone fresh air to after she takes in the smoke, too make sure it all gets deep in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I always taught people to smoke by telling them to take their hit, then inhale a normal breathe of air, then blow out all the smoke.  Never seemed to fail.  Also pack small tokes no need to waste...less is more...right ;)

6. inhale inhale inhale! the reason people may not get high their first time is that they arent inhaling properly. mastering the inhale will get the maximum amount of thc into your ex, getting her stoned lol. have fun!

stone

btw this is my first post :hello: cant wait to help ppl out 

7. Yeah inhaling correctly is key. If she is a cig smoker then she should know how but if not i agree with taking a hit then another deep breath before she exhales. Get her high and get some ass man!

8. I'm in the same boat man I have to teach my pops.
    Just roll a j because it's less complicated for a first timer.
    Tell her to inhale a bit but not so much to the point where she can't take a good breath of fresh air. So after she hits it tell her to take a deep breath through her nose to get it into her lungs. Take it slowly wait about 6-10 mins after each hit.

9. I think the main reason that most people do not inhale correctly their first time is because they are afraid of the smoke being harsh, therefore they do not breathe in hard enough for the smoke to reach the lungs. Instead the smoke just sort of stays in their mouth. Some people might still think that they are inhaling correctly because a little bit of smoke might have entered their lungs but the majority was probably still in their mouth.

What I would tell her to do is to inhale the smoke just like she would when she is taking a deep breath, but make sure to not make air tight seal with your lips on the pipe so its fresh air mixed with smoke. That way it will be less harsh.