help teach me how to grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by potential84, Apr 28, 2011.

1. help teach me how to grow.

I'm a beginner and have no idea where to even begin.

thanks in advance.

2. Read Read and more Read...You can teach yourself the basics in a few hours on this site alone.

3. can u get me some links for the basics?

4. Read the stickies...

5. Stickies are threads that are made to "stick" to the top of the list. Right here in this beginners forum are several good stickies. Also check out the Indoor or Outdoor section, depending on what you have planned, the Grow Room Design section and Lighting sub-section, and then also the links in my sig.

6. Make sure you have EVERYTHING you need to know and EVERYTHING you need to grow before starting anything. Do NOT start germinating until you know for certain and are confident/ready to begin creating life. Some basics...

Terms

Vegging stage...the time of growth for the plant once it sprouts until it flowers.

Flowering stage...When the plant begins to make flowers (what you smoke) also a time when it grows the fastest. Usually a month or more after vegging.

Look at the sticky on terms...its really good
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/55127-vocabulary-growing-terms-slang.html

1. Get good soil...Fox Farm is good but not the best. Go to a hydroponics store and see what they have. If your not exactly sure, ask someone who works there.

2. Lights...for a first grow, CFL's are great. Put off little heat and have a great spectrum almost designed specifically for MJ. 100w for 1 plant and 50w extra for each extra plant. For the vegging stage youll need alot of blue light and for flowering youll need more red.

3. Water...you cant really just water them. Make sure you have a PH tester and test the PH of you water. Do not over water or under water. Overwatering results in "droopy" leaves that hang down. Underwatering results in the edges of the leaves curling up to retain moisture.

4. Temp...Most plants like a temperature around 75 degrees average.

5. Humidity...Some plants need humidity. Look into the specific strain you are growing to see what it likes.

How the plant works....MJ has both male and female plants. Males are pretty much useless unless you are into breeding them for seeds. Females are what you want. What you smoke is the flowers of the plant. Male plants do not produce flowers, instead they produce sacks of pollen. The pollen is released in the air when its time. The female plant which produces sticky flowers catches the pollen and starts to produce seeds instead of makeing more THC containing flowers. You dont want seeds. The more seeds a plant makes, the less THC it needs so its not going to produce THC anymore. Kinda like humans...Males have balls full of seimen. Females catch that seimen and produce kids. When a female begins to produce kids, she becomes less desirable. I dont know if any of this makes sense but oh well :smoke:

7. thanks for the help so far. I'm heading in the right direction.

8. #8 Smokeysmok3, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hilarious dude. When a woman gets preggers she's less desirable. I almost died laughing, but a good analogy

9. need more help thanks

10. #10 Smokeysmok3, Apr 29, 2011
    Weedthatplease.com! Go to that site and it'll get u started. Remember that soil. Ph level. Lighting quality and time. Temp and nutrients all play a critical role in Ur females development.

11. bump..........

12. Seriously kid? You have one poster with 11THOUSDAND POSTS telling you, hey young blood, you are in the right forum, go read the threads at the top of the page. That'll start you in the right direction....
    There's one I know by heart, grandpa's grow guide. Give yourself 45 minutes, read it three times. Knowledge is key to this.

A wise stoner once said, give a man a gram, he'll smoke for a day... teach that man to grow and he'll smoke for a lifetime.

Read the stickies... THEN come back here and bump your thread if you want to be taken seriously. :wave:

13. how bout you go read alll the info on the net...

14. i mean all you gotta do is give the plant 24 hour light cycle for about 3-4 weeks use some miracle grow soil and stick a light over it at the end of your veg period switch the lights to 12/12 and our plant will being to flower

15. its that simple its like growing a fucking plant cn you gro a plant can you huhuhhuhuh

16. #16 Smokeysmok3, Apr 30, 2011
    Hilarious