Help! Stretched seedlings cant support themselves.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by scutzi128, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Hi fellow growers. I germinated 9 beans last Friday 1/27. I germinated them in a container with a saran wrap cover over it in darkness with a heating pad under it keeping the environment at around 75*.

I went away for the weekend came back Monday 1/30 and all 9 beans had sprouted. They had sprouted so much that they were stretching for light. Problem is they stretch so much the weak stem cannot hold up the cotyledon (picture attached).

I have since put them under a 5000k cfl. It looks as if they are getting greener and the leaves are turning towards the light, however the stems still are drooping from the weight of the leaves. My question is will this problem fix itself or do I need to intervene and do something to help support them.

Sorry if this is a noob question but this is only my 2nd grow and I want to make sure it will be as successful as my 1st. Thanks in advance for any help.

Strains are all short stuff autos, 3 x russian rocket fuel, 3 x snowryder, 3 x auto assassin.

[​IMG]

2. Re-pot all of the ones you wish to keep into larger deeper pots. Bury the stem all the way in the ground leaving only about 1-2 inches above ground. All the stem underground will have roots grow out of the side of it.