Help stop the yellowing!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ParanoidNormal, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Any diagnosis out there? Plant in rectangle container (bagseed) is 64 days and the round pot (barney farm LSD) is 59 days old 3rd day in 12/12 for both. Both done w LST

LSD has only been given nutes one time at 1/4 strength but she burned really bad so I flushed her and she has not yet received any nutes.

Both are being grown in a small cabinet 3.5ft H x 2ft W x 18in D

Lighting is 156watts of CFL
    2 6500k and 4 2700k

BS is full strength feeding of Fox farm grow big once a week. I start flowering nutes this week as I have not yet received my order.

Soil is Fox Farm ocean forest.

Temps w lights on can reach high 80s due to my light trap on my exhaust restricting flow. lights off temps are about 77-81.

I water 3 times a week w PH'd water. Run off is about 6.5

Both look very stunted am right?

Any shots at what's going on? am I just doomed because of heat?

I live in sub tropical SE USA so ambient room temp is always 74-78 usually the latter more so.

ForumRunner_20120613_101738.png

ForumRunner_20120613_101655.png

2. dont over water. you are watering too much

3. Honestly I water them when they get all droopy. Which yesterday when I came home from work the bagseed was drooping hard. Last watering was before yesterday was Sunday.

4. dont water them too much! droopy has nothing to do with it. if it was droopy with bone dry soil , then yes , the droopiness is from that. if its droopy and you watered it 3 times in 2 days lol, that droopiness is not from watering. i can tell you that much. i just googled some info on this and your problem is with a Nitrogen deficiency. are you giving it any nutes? if not, then you better start. the one that has nitrogen in it though.

5. screw ff nutes.. my plants hated that crap. i switched to general organics.. mix up the nutrients add ph up so the ph is at 7.0 and ive never seen them burn.. and use exactly the dose they say on the instructions sometimes a little more. plus the buds taste better when done with general organics than ff nutes imo. what is the ph of the water that you are using when the nutes are mixed in? that shit is super acidic so itll drop your ph by a ton. you could be locking nutrients out from the nutrient waters ph being too low. 6.5-7.0 is what i aim for in soil. also ive seen ffof soils ph drop drematically after vegging for long periods of time. started using ff happy frog and havent had a ph problem since. also mixing in some coco coir and perlite helps it out tons. but thats more of a personal preference...i dont like ff soil by its self.

6. Fox farm grow big is the nutes I have been feeding once a week so this should have plenty of nitrogen, however if my PH is off it could be nute locked.

I use tap water and PH it until its about 7 after adding nutes. I use the liquid test thing though so I can only use approximation. (yeah yeah get a meter... I will in time)

When I watered it Wednesday it WAS bone dry soil and wilted plant. Definitely needed water. And the watering is probably so frequent cause of my high temps.

7. the yellowing is probably from letting it get bone dry until the point of it wilting. ive accidently made the same mistake before also..and it caused a lot of yellowing from the bottom up and the leafs would almost turn white then fall off.

did you also add nutrients to the water when you watered it, when it was wilted? i hear you should always water the plant first let it sit for a few minutes then add nutrients. if it was completely dry to the point where it wilts.. the roots started to die and it was sucking nutrients and water from the leafs with nothing to replace it. that will stunt the growth for a little bit also.

ff nutes say to use every other week im pretty sure... if you use them for every watering you can expect the nutrients to build up in the soil and burn the plant also.

8. Interesting... So what is the frequency people are generally feeding? My Bottle says weekly

9. i used to water 1 week feed the next. their recommended doses are also lethal to the plants.. found that out the hard way. they make decent cheap soil but i wont use their nutes again.. and i still have a full bottle of grow big and tiger bloom and all of the solubles lol.

10. Start using no more than 1/4th of what is recommended on the bottle. Stick your finger 1 inch into the soil. If it is still wet, don't water. If it's moist, don't water. The trick is to try to keep topsoil dry and low, rooty soil moist.
    I water every 3-4 days, times usually depend on the medium.

11. Holy shit. Great news. Today I check and there are little tiny tiny red bug things climbing around and making invisible webs all over my plant! What the Heck do I do??

12. buy some mighty wash. those are spider mites more than likely. mighty wash works very well. and also squish as many as you can find until then.